Mobile video setup…

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Thanks for the response to my prior question. Sounds good…

Now, here is another. I shoot video for my son’s hockey team. I end up making some fun promotional clips for their high school.

You can see one my son made here:
      http://falconshockey.blogspot.com

One that I made last year:
      http://www.cbtoolkit.com/FalconsPromo.wmv

However, with hockey, the puck is very small and difficult to find on the viewfinder. Also, the perspective is difficult – how much should I zoom. I tend to show more full-view shots so I don’t miss other action and the coach uses some of it for review.

When viewed on a slightly larger screen, however, it is easier for me to see the puck and the perspective.

All this as a rather lengthy lead up to my question/challenge.

I want to create/build my own mobile video cart. I want to have a small TV (already have a 14″) as a monitor, a place for an extension cord (in case I can find a source of electricity without creating a hazard, and a stand-alone powersource (a battery).

In most cases, I would need 1-2 hours of battery that would power both my camera and my TV. Would 1 or 2 marine batteries do this? I realize this would be heavy but I would have a wheeled cart.

I also realize that this is overkill for my amatuer needs but it would provide me the larger screen/monitor while filming. The 2.5″ view-finder makes the puck look more like static than an actual object.

Thanks.

Participant

Honda has a silent and small generator which you can put ina large lunch box. on your shots, dont zoom and cut to another shot at the same time, looks like pooh when you do that, start with wide shot and zoom in smoothly for sports to get the closeup action, if your using a tripod dont tighten it so much that you look jerky when you move, the best shots are on the shoulder but you need to practice breathing control and movement control in order to make it look like it is on a tripod. i covered football on the side lines and ontop of the newsbooth and it makes a difference. have all the back up gear on you if your mobile, so you dont look like a geek looking for a batt or cable. for edit mobile stuff, make lite weight boxes on hvy duty wheels with hard foam fitted for your equip, have hinges that drop down the sides or back and they are stackable so you can hve a mobile edit unit, always have a “I have that box” with cables connectors, mics, duck tape, and other stuff. make sure all your stuff is marked or locked up in boxes.

Inactive

for yor power supply i would say to either get an ups and disable any audible alarms i.e. cut the speker weir, or check this batery box out
      http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay2?storeId=6970&productId=200313775&R=200313775

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best After Effects and motion graphics template sites – 2021

You have the tools needed to create stunning motion graphics, but do you have the time? If not, using motion graphics templates can be a great way to add polish to a production without blowing your deadline.
homicide-bootstrap