Mixing formats HDV/ AVCHD

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone can give me some tips for editing two different formats?

I have a Canon 60D which shoots avchd and I’m getting a Sony V1U which is HDV.

Can anyone give me some advice? I’m buying the Sony camera next week Thur, unless it’s more of a hassle mixing formats.

Thanks a bunch

Participant

I mix in premiere pro all the time. I’ve even thrown in SD and used Red Giants instant HD on it in the same timeline.

Participant

Most NLEs these days are seamless with footage. Stick it in together, mix it up, and it works like magic! Just make sure you output your final video to 1920×1080 (assuming that is what your AVCHD cam will shoot at). It might default to 1440×1080 (HDV) especially if it is the first clip added – but it is an easy fix.

Inactive

Okay, great. That sounds good to me. I thought it would be okay but, I was not sure.

I guess I just have to watch what frame rate I’m recording in as the sony I think can record 60i. The canon can not.

Thanks

Inactive

Would it matter if I was mixing formats in Final Cut Express???

Participant

Jen,

While I’m not particularly experienced with Final Cut Express, I believe it does handle both HDV and AVCHD. Unfortunately, I don’t believe FCE allows for exporting less compressed codecs, such as 8-bit Uncompressed, ProRes, or even DVCPro HD.

I would stick to Premiere if you’re working with multiple formats.

Participant

most professional editing suite can handle the mix But some time i use quick media converter form cocoonsoft ware, I works well and it is free to download and use.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best Canon lenses — 2021

There are a number of Canon lenses on the market for both their DSLR and mirrorless cameras, these are our picks for EF, EF-S and RF mounts.
homicide-bootstrap