MiniDV Recommendations

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Hi All,

I have a $1000 budget to purchase a new camcorder (maybe a little bit more – maybe).

I’d like to get the best possible camera to shoot shorts with (pros/cons).

I am a novice but write my own stuff and would like your expert advice on what camera I could start with.

I am eager to learn and have many ideas on paper but would like to see them on video.

Also, I have a $100-$150 budget for a mic.

I currently have some editing software and a tripod.

Any help will greatly be appreciated.

Thanks,
      Miggie

PS: Any sites and/or extra tips a novice should be made aware of is also greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Inactive

The Canon Optura Xi is fairly good…B&H has it for $874.95

Inactive

Rocktooloud – Thanks. I’ll check it out.

Compusolver – The advice given is definitely something to think about. I appreciate it. Thanks for insight.

Y’all have a nice day.

Inactive

don’t let him freak you out. Pros get great footage no matter what cam they use.

A friend of mine just turned me on the Canon optura line, too. good color, functions, etc. If you’re serious, don’t forget to grab an ND, and UV filter so you can play with depth of field using your iris and stuff.

😯

Inactive

don’t let him freak you out. Pros get great footage no matter what cam they use.

A friend of mine just turned me on the Canon optura line, too. good color, functions, etc. If you’re serious, don’t forget to grab an ND, and UV filter so you can play with depth of field using your iris and stuff.

😯

• Viewing 4 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best royalty-free music and sound effects sites – 2020

Music and sound effects are a crucial part of any film or video project. Using royalty-free stock music in your next project is one way to cut costs without sacrificing quality.
    homicide-bootstrap