miniDV cassette playback error – pixelated bars over the image

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Cameras and Camcorders Consumer Camcorders miniDV cassette playback error – pixelated bars over the image

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Hi

I have a Sony VX 2100 and I have some problems with a miniDV cassette. During playback I have some pixelated bars over my image. I

ve tried with some other camcorders but no luck.

Best regards. Mihai

Inactive

I`ve tried to clean up the head with a cleaning tape but no success. Other tapes work fine.
      In the past I had some similar problems but at the end it worked.
      Another issue which might be related is that many tapes recorded with this camera have the same problem when they are used on another camcorder with playback.

Inactive

I`ve called to a Sony Service Center and they will guide a qualified technician from my city.

Inactive

The problem you are describing was mentioned in a previous post. While I’ve never had a problem with my VX2100, other folks said the problem is something I never, ever do. The claim was that you absolutely must follow Sony’s instructions to insert a videotape. It is a two step procedure, first push down the videotape then close the outside door. They said that closing the tape door & forcing the tape into the deck doesn’t let the tape properly align and the tape stock is being scratched.

Give it a shot and let us knowif that’s the problem. oh, and good luck.

Inactive

Hi again
      Some good news – I`ve recovered the tape.

Inactive

First of all a better description of the defect: vertical pixelated bars over the image.
      All of this was due to a small misguiding of the tape in the camcorder mechanism. Now to recover the information I had to reproduce the exact conditions when the tape was recorded.

Inactive

After this I`ll have to readjust the position to the original one.
      One way to avoid this (especially with new tapes) is to fastforward and then to rewind the entire tape and after that to record 30 seconds at the beginning of the tape with something not important maybe bars, eject the tape and finally you can use it.
      All the information is from an Sony Service Center.

Inactive

Anyway the camera will be in service soon.
      As a final note: in the same period of time (aprox. 2 months) were recorded about 20 tapes all in good condition, this tape (with the problems) was last but one and the last one was again good.
      I`ll keep you informed.
      I had to split the message….Some problems with forum engine
      Best regards.
      Mihai

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap