Mini DV Player

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Participant

Disregard my earlier post about a DVD Player. This is what I really meant:

I am looking for a good way to stream mini-dv footage into my computer. I purchased a JVC and it has never worked right. I am currently using my cameras but need to get away from that practice. Do I need the expensive Panasonic 2500 or will a less expensive camcorder serve my purpose? Thanks for your help.
      Tommy

Participant

Hey and thanks for the reply. I do mean capturing video to my hard drive. I am using my camcorders to capture video and I am concerned that I am wearing them out by doing so. I am looking for a better way to capture and am interested in a stand-alone unit like the Panasonic 2500. I have no intentions to ever record with it, just loading video onto the hard drive. The JVC unit is a dual mini-dv/VHS unit that has never worked right. I was wondering if I need to make the large investment of the 2500 or would a less expensive mini-dv camcorder work just as well? Any help is appreciated. Also, I have 2 canon GL-1’s and one GL-2. I am in the market for a new unit. Can you recommend something in the price range of the GL-2 that is better, like the panasonic or the Sony.
      Thank you,
      Tommy

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best new video tech at CES 2019

Every year, we head to CES to check out the latest innovations in consumer technology and look for the next big thing in video production. CES 2019 was no exception.
homicide-bootstrap