Mini DV Capture

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Participant

I have a Canon ZR300 Mini DV Camcorder and a stand alone DVD Recorder…….I can transfer my Mini DV recordings direct to DVD by using the audio/video cables that came with the camera or I can upload them to my harddrive using a firewire connection…….My question is this:……If I do not plan to edit my recordings in anyway is there any advantage to uploading them to my harddrive before burning to DVD? The reason I am asking is this:……..Even if I upload them to my harddrive as AVI files when I burn them to DVD they are converted back to MPEG2 files…….

Participant

It sounds like you are using analog cables to copy from the camcorder to the dvd recorder. If this is the case then yes, there would be a big advantage to capturing on your pc. If you use analog cables to record, essentially what you are doing is converting the digital signal to analog and back again, which is really eating up your quality. If I’m not correct and you are using digital cables (not sure how those things are set up since I dont have a standalone DVD recorder), then the only advantage to capturing on the pc would be DVD authoring; creating menus and such, which is alot of fun!

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best Nikon lenses — 2021

Nikon cameras are a favorite for DSLR shooters. Nikon has their own line of lenses, but there are also some third-party options available for both F mounts and Z mounts. Here are the best Nikon lenses currently available on the...
homicide-bootstrap