mic for Sony TRV320

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

I have a Sony DCR TRV320 that I love and I am looking for an better mic for it. I want one that works with the existing shoe if possible. It does have a mic jack. I have read some horrible reviews regarding the ECM-MSD1 mic that Sony offers. Any suggestions?

Anonymous
      Inactive

Well they did actually give an example of what they were looking for with the ECM-MSD1. I have used one and they do suck in my opinion. What you are looking for seems to be a stereo shotgun mic. There are several good ones out there. The only one I have used personally since I do not have one myself yet is the Azden SMX-10 Shotgun Microphone. I liked this one for two reasons. The price is around $50 and it really did a good job for me the one and only time I used it. I am not 100% sure it is a stereo mic like the Sony.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Video and Film Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

The best video monitors — 2021

We rely on our video monitors to show us an accurate representation of our images throughout the production process. Here are some of the best video monitors currently on the market.
homicide-bootstrap

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.