Mic for in-studio narrations

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

I am investigating microphones for use in my "studio." I want a microphone particularly suited for narratation, like maybe what would be used in radio, but I don’t want to spend more than $300.

Inactive

If you want cheap and high-quality, then the Shure SM-58 is for you. It’s the industry standard mic for performance work, and it’s actually suprisingly good in studio production. I use them for voiceover work all the time, and they’re clean, crisp, and deliver a true sound. You do have to be careful, as they are an omnidirectional mic and they do pick up everything, and I mean EVERYTHING. Make sure you don’t have anything going on in the background of your studio, but hopefully you’re already taking that precaution.

Inactive

Does this mic have any guts to it? As a former DJ I am used to big barrel-shaped microphones that would make a little guy sound 10-feet tall and bullet proof–not that I am a little guy.

In my last production I used a RadioShack mic. It wasn’t very impressive. Thank God for a good music bed.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best royalty-free music and sound effects sites – 2021

Music and sound effects are a crucial part of any film or video project. Using royalty-free stock music in your next project is one way to cut costs without sacrificing quality.
homicide-bootstrap