Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews › Forums › Technique › Sound › mic Audio/Interface suggestions
- September 26, 2007 at 2:07 PM #41384push-playParticipant
Hey I’m trying to find out what type of mic and sound interface card would you guys recommend for doing "narratives". I want to pic up good audio narratives for my pc to use with my NLE program.
- September 26, 2007 at 11:26 PM #175680mogleproParticipant
I use a Lexicon Omega and I love it. It works as an external sound card and has various inputs/outputs. Your microphone choice is also going to make a big difference in sound quality. I recommend using a condenser mic. The Omega has phantom power built in.
- September 27, 2007 at 1:52 PM #175681push-playParticipant
Mogle thanks for the reply.
Yeah I did some surfing around last night. I think the condenser mic will be the way to go. I will check out the link you sent.
- September 27, 2007 at 11:44 PM #175682mogleproParticipant
Here’s what I use when I do voice-over work. To be honest it sounds great! Especially for the money. It comes with a shock mount which is nice. You’ll also probably want to get a desktop mic stand for it.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.