Miami Vice

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Anybody see it? Apparently shot on HD. I haven’t but plan to this weekend 😀

Participant

..that Kodak was going to stop manufacturing film

I think the article she read must’ve said "..stop manufacturing film cameras."

Kodak is still making film and still placing big ads in pro video mags pushing super 16, etc. In fact, I can still get 120 film for a Rolleiflex.

Inactive

I haven’t seen it yet, but I’ve been reading about the probability of more and more major motion pictures going from film to HD video. "The times, they are a changin’…" How long have we been watching movies on celluloid? Over 100 years??

About a year ago or more, my wife told me she read in the newspaper that Kodak was going to stop manufacturing film, although she didn’t remember what the time frame was. Can anybody confirm this? If true, when will it happen? Think about it: How long has Kodak been manufacturing film?

Drastic changes….it’s exciting to be part of it all.

Participant

I googled it and this is all I could find http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3948032/

I have heard filmakers such as Rodriguez and Linklater talk about it. They think the day is coming but, as long as you have old school guys like Coppola and Scorsese who enjoy shooting on film I think it will still be around.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best live streaming equipment — 2021

These days, anyone with access to a smartphone can connect with fans and friends from all over the world. However, the more complex your stream, the more gear you’ll likely need. Each set up has advantages and disadvantages, and...
homicide-bootstrap