Merging Several Premiere Elements 1.0 Projects

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Editing Merging Several Premiere Elements 1.0 Projects

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

(…this is further to following your advice about room noise removal…) I’m creating a Biography DVD for someone at work. Naturally, not everything is being recorded in the sequence that it will take place on the final DVD.

I’ve completed the Introduction and individual interviews, however I have done the final editing for each of them in separate files.

I searched (in vain!) to find something like "Add Project" (as opposed to "Add Media") and I just can’t see how to merge the different projects into ONE project. All I’m getting is "Add Media’ which adds the original un-edited footage of the person speaking – no titles, no music, no cross-dissolve….nuthin’!!

Do I have to add ALL the original footage into one project and edit each one all over again? (shivers…!!!)

Tell me there really IS a way to get them all on one timeline!

Regards,

Microchip,

Don’t fret. You’ll need to export each project to a new media file. Exporting should render all your effects and titles. In Premiere Elements 1.0 (although I’ll admit never using it) you should have an option to export to a file. Try to use an AVI file at 29.97 fps, 720 x 480, at highest quality (DV or sometimes called mini DV). Depending on what your options are there might be a need to customize your "export to file." Do this export for every project you have, then start a new one and add media (add each of these new media files) to that new project. Now you’ll have them all on one timeline.

I’m not sure if Premiere Elements 2.0 offers embedding projects, but I think I reminder seeing it in a demo. This is a feature you might want to see if it has, because it will enable you to drop a project into another project’s timeline (hence, embedding). I know Premiere Pro does this.

Anyway see if that will work for you.

Mark

Participant

Thank you!! πŸ™‚ Yes, there is ‘export movie’ and the specs which you described are already preset. Will look into getting Elements 2 since the embedding feature is sure to save alot of time, not to mention that there are probably more interesting types of titles to add to the project. 1.0 only has crawl and roll, no fade in or fade out.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best video monitors β€” 2021

We rely on our video monitors to show us an accurate representation of our images throughout the production process. Here are some of the best video monitors currently on the market.
homicide-bootstrap