Members displayed on the forum

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author

Question on the members block on the right hand column.

When is says “## Members are online.” is that within the whole of the VideoMaker website or just the forum section? There are times when I have seen a huge number of people listed and was wondering “they couldn’t all be reading/participating injust the forum?”

‘Crafters,

I asked Derek about that not long ago. Seems that they are just logged in. Just a side note; Derek was both stymied and drooling over the possibilities of what to do with all of those folks logged on at a time. As I wrote this, there’s at least a hundred plus names listed. I just want to know why mine’s always the last one?

Nope, as of 7:32 PM Pacific Time Wednesday, 3/10/10, MINE is the last one and YOU are not even listed out of 103 members online πŸ˜‰

9:00pm PST Wed 3/10/10 94 logged and I am last on list.

As of 11 MAR 10 02:01 CST 76 logged on and as usual, last in line.

Participant

I think it has to do with random neutrinos hitting a sensor inside a box with a cat…

I am beginning to think there is a little FIFO going on. When you log in your the last one (at that moment) to be listed. I noticed the list is not in any percieved order. When you refresh the screen, or move to another page of the forum, you are again the last one logged on at that moment. The list does not seem to update on its own while you are on that current page.

It was fun, though. Huh? πŸ˜‰

Luis Oscar MaymiLuis Oscar Maymi
      Participant

When I’m logged in I see from 70 to 140 online members, but when I logout I only see less than 10 people online. I’m also the last one in the list, but I though it was so I could know were my username is.

Its interesting to see as well that if I open a forum topic I see 100+ names in the list. As soon as I go back to the top level forum page that numberdrops toabout 10. the 100+ names come back when I open another topic.

In the scheme of things, I wonder if all this really matters. Fun at first, I am amazed at the LIFE of this thread. Maybe we are all truly happy that we are not alone πŸ˜‰

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap