media offline in premiere pro cs4

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

i keep having a problem with movie clips saying they are offline. i have tried reconnecting them, exporting the as different formats, and opening them in a new sequence and i can not get them to open in premiere. is there anything else i can try?

Participant

Keep the project in the same folder as the footage.

Participant

somehow you have moved the files. As Charles mentioned..I always keep every piece of the work in a main folder..ie: Music,Pics,Video, even the finished dvd,Bluray files are in one folder per project.

Participant

Just a thought:

Are you letting it conform the media clips? Even if you move the clips Premiere will come up with a popup that says something like Locating media. But, I have noticed when I start my projects (newly created or been working on) it goes through a process of conforming media. There have been times that seemed that none of the media was available and then after about 2-3 minutes the media that was in the sequencetimeline that was not availableblanked out becomes available.

Inactive

i tried putting the project in the same folder. i did not start this project i was given it to re edit so everything is how the previous editor left it

Participant

That is why PP can’t seem to locate them. Can I assume it was started on a different machine.

Inactive

i also tried waiting to see if it was that it needed to conform the media and it still did not change

Inactive

it was started on a different machine and everything was put on to a hard drive which is what i have now and am using to get the files from

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best After Effects and motion graphics template sites – 2021

You have the tools needed to create stunning motion graphics, but do you have the time? If not, using motion graphics templates can be a great way to add polish to a production without blowing your deadline.
homicide-bootstrap