Maybe 4K isn’t all that unreasonable?

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=6Cf7IL_eZ38&vq=medium

Participant

All I get on the link is “A day made of glass” by Corning that only goes to 720 res

” All I get on the link is “A day made of glass” by Corning that only goes to 720 res “

Sorry . . . I guess my point wasn’t obvious. It seems to me that if we are eventuallyto have access to such wide ranges of video display sizes, up to an entire side of a building, or the entire living room wall; under current resolutions, we could be looking at pixel sizes ranging from pingpong ball size to softball size.

The Corning presentation is very interesting! Watch it.

Rick Crampton

” All I get on the link is “A day made of glass” by Corning that only goes to 720 res “

Sorry . . . I guess my point wasn’t obvious. It seems to me that if we are eventuallyto have access to such wide ranges of video display sizes, up to an entire side of a building, or the entire living room wall; under current resolutions, we could be looking at pixel sizes ranging from pingpong ball size to softball size.

Rick Crampton

Rick Crampton

Rick Crampton

Rick Crampton

Rick Crampton

Participant

I was looking at the spec of the video. The “Story” or “Theme” of that video is nothing different to the films made back in the 50’s- 60’s about what life will be like in the year 2000. What is possible isn’t always destined to be in our future or feasible for that matter.

Swish! πŸ™‚

Participant

This is quite different, difference being the corning is technology that is already working. The old video was people predicting what the future might bring. Anyhow, one of my favorites of “old” videos predicting the future is this one. Just watch it over, the thing is stunningly accurate. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uO58SGiYwwo

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best Sony lenses β€” 2021

Sony has made a name for itself in the camera market lately. From its popular mirrorless line to its cinema cameras, Sony seems to be everywhere. The Sony E Mount has been around for about a decade. Since then, it's...
homicide-bootstrap