Maybe 4K isn’t all that unreasonable?

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      gldnears
      Woody
      Participant

All I get on the link is “A day made of glass” by Corning that only goes to 720 res

gldnears

” All I get on the link is “A day made of glass” by Corning that only goes to 720 res “

Sorry . . . I guess my point wasn’t obvious. It seems to me that if we are eventuallyto have access to such wide ranges of video display sizes, up to an entire side of a building, or the entire living room wall; under current resolutions, we could be looking at pixel sizes ranging from pingpong ball size to softball size.

The Corning presentation is very interesting! Watch it.

Rick Crampton

gldnears

” All I get on the link is “A day made of glass” by Corning that only goes to 720 res “

Sorry . . . I guess my point wasn’t obvious. It seems to me that if we are eventuallyto have access to such wide ranges of video display sizes, up to an entire side of a building, or the entire living room wall; under current resolutions, we could be looking at pixel sizes ranging from pingpong ball size to softball size.

Rick Crampton

gldnears

Rick Crampton

gldnears

Rick Crampton

gldnears

Rick Crampton

gldnears

Rick Crampton

Woody
      Participant

I was looking at the spec of the video. The “Story” or “Theme” of that video is nothing different to the films made back in the 50’s- 60’s about what life will be like in the year 2000. What is possible isn’t always destined to be in our future or feasible for that matter.

Swish! πŸ™‚

doublehamm
      Participant

This is quite different, difference being the corning is technology that is already working. The old video was people predicting what the future might bring. Anyhow, one of my favorites of “old” videos predicting the future is this one. Just watch it over, the thing is stunningly accurate. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uO58SGiYwwo

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Video and Film Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

Best Products of the Year β€” 2019

2019 has seen fantastic new equipment for video production, but with a world of options at your disposal, which is the best? We carefully evaluated each new product, emphasizing its innovation, value compared to its direct competition, and its...
homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN