Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews › Forums › Technique › Editing › Matrox MXO2 Shipping in Time for IBC 2008
September 10, 2008 at 5:16 PM #46762VideoguyParticipant
Matrox MXO2 Shipping in Time for IBC 2008 Portable, Affordable, Complete I/O for the Mac
Montreal, Canada September 2, 2008 Matrox Video Products Group today announced that the eagerly awaited Matrox MXO2 is set to ship coincident with the opening of the 2008 International Broadcasting Convention (IBC) taking place September 12-16 at the RAI Center in Amsterdam.
Designed to streamline editing workflow with Apple Final Cut Studio on MacBook Pros and Mac Pros, Matrox MXO2 provides broadcast-quality input/output, monitoring, and up/down/cross conversion. Users can benefit from file-based workflows with XDCAM HD, and P2HD. In addition, they are not limited to using a single codec as with some other I/O devices on the market. MXO2 supports a variety of codecs such as ProRes 422 HQ, 10-bit uncompressed HD, and many more.
“Matrox MXO2 was a hit at NAB 2008, winning four prestigious industry awards a Pick Hit Award from Broadcast Engineering Magazine, a STAR Award from TV Technology Magazine, a Black Diamond Award from DV Magazine, and a Vidy Award from Videography Magazine,” said Alberto Cieri, Matrox sales and marketing director. “Its clear from the volume of orders that have been pouring in for this innovative product that Matrox is leading the way in mobile editing on the Mac.”
Matrox MXO2 will be demonstrated at IBC 2008 on stand 7.B29.
Key features of Matrox MXO2
* Works with Intel-based MacBook Pros and Mac Pros
* Lightweight less than 3 lbs. (1600 grams)
* Fits in a laptop bag 13 x 9 x 2 (330mm x 241mm x 51mm)
* HD/SD SDI, HD/SD analog component, Y/C, and composite inputs and outputs
* Professional audio inputs and outputs including 5.1 surround sound monitoring
* HDMI input, output, and monitoring with calibration controls including blue-only
* 10-bit realtime hardware up/down/cross conversion
* Up to five user selectable simultaneous video outputs – HD and/or SD on HDMI, SDI, and analog
* Genlock SD analog black burst (bi-level) or HD tri-level sync
* RS-422 machine control for frame-accurate capture and print-to-tape
* Captures to a variety of codecs Apple ProRes 422 HQ, 10-bit uncompressed HD and many more
* Supports file-based workflows XDCAM, XDCAM HD, XDCAM EX, P2
* Works with Final Cut Pro, Apple Color, Adobe Premiere Pro and all QuickTime applications that support the V-out component
for more info you can also check out our MXO2 FAQ http://www.videoguys.com/mxo2_faq.html
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.