Massive Battle Scene

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi guys. We shot this rather epic shootout last summer as part of our shortfilm. We uploaded it to youtube some time ago, but haven’t got too many view thus far. Let me know what you think of it, at the very least we had fun doing it.

It’s noteworthy (unless it’s obvious) that we had only one man portraying the whole enemy force. Cloning effect has always been one our our favorites.

None of us have any education of job experience from anything video related, we simply though it would be fun to make short film. We ended up making three. If you liked this one, check out my channel for more like that.

Thanks for watching.

-St. Scoundrel, SSCinema

Luis Maymi Lopez
      Participant

Scoundrel

Sadly you and a gazillion of others are making the exact same battle action videos, probably using Video Copilot Action Essentials. Unless you have the audience freddiew has, you will probably not get many views. There are too many people doing the same thing so there A LOT of competition. Maybe by creating something original (like the Cardboard Warfare video) you could probably get more views.

Overall you did an excellent job in your video, specially in the cloning. I notice it was clone because I do videos for a living, but someone who’s not train in this art will probably never notice. Although you should change part of the clothes of some of your clones, such as using different glasses, different weapons and so on to sell the effect more.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Thanks for the feedback. I do know there are nothing but too many people doing similiar action scenes, but our original aim was not Youtube, as that was part of short film. You are quite right about changing gear and clothing to make cloning seem bit more natural, but purpose of that force was to be very uniform in appearance. We did try something like that in earlier film where we actually had 4 people cloned few times with clothes varied with each set. Many parts of it looked quite convincing, check it out if you’re interested.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Video and Film Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

The best camera bags and cases — 2021

Finding the right camera bag or case for your gear can be challenging, particularly if this is the first bag or case you've ever purchased.
homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

CANON EOS

REBEL T7i

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN