You're using a beta version of our new web site.

Marketing and Making Video Blog

Home Forums General Video and Film Discussion Marketing and Making Video Blog

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  EarlC 7 months, 4 weeks ago.

• Author

EarlC

For more information, ideas and suggestions than a start-up or even seasoned video producer could want or need, visit my Marketing and Making Video Blog at E.C. Come, E.C. Go – there’s a little (or a LOT) of something for everybody IMHO. Feedback here, or comments on the blog appreciated. Earl

EarlC

Oops! 😉

lomaymi

I really like your blog. Is so full of amazing information that had help me in my slow approach to video bussines. There was one of your articles that I would have never think about doing, funeral videos (http://eccomeecgo.blogspot.com/2009/03/how-i-produce-funeral-videos.html). At first I thought this was ridiculous and I was wondering who on earth wants a video of a funeral, then a friend of mine (who works in a funeral parlor) told me that one of the things they do was putting a camera above the coffin so family member can monitor their love one via internet. I don’t know if its true, but its a pretty good idea. Since in my area there are a few funeral parlors I will try to negotiate so I could make memorial slide shows. Only slide shows, I don’t think I’m prepared (psychologically) to record a funeral service. No matter of my way of seeing this as a little weird, I found the article excellent, with everything needed and a good approach to expand business. Lets see if I can manage a few job opportunities from funerals.

PS:

On DVProfessional I read on some forum that you are going to write a book about video business. If its true I will be really interested in buying it.

EarlC

Thanks SargeHero – I am near completion of this HUGE resource volume “Video Production, Marketing and Success! – The Definitive Resource Book for the Full & Part-Time Independent Video Producer” hopefully by the end of first quarter 2010.

Thanks for your kind words and input here, and for your interest in The Book – I will most certainly let it be known as soon as this production bible is available for delivery. It will not only be chock full of information, samples and support materials (including a BUNCH of stuff not yet published on the blog) and will offer the opportunity for semi-annual or annual updates that can be easily added to the ring-binder format.

Thanks again, Earl

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.