Making Video – DVD to Computer Monitor

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Editing Making Video – DVD to Computer Monitor

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Inactive

Hi there,

I’m trying to find out how to do this without loosing quality. I’ve got to make a product show for my friend when he goes to his presentation. The video will run from a DVD to a Monitor via a HDMI to DVI cable.

Yet it seems this method causes to much quality to be lost. I’m not sure what video setup I should use.

For instance PAL DV 720×576 (16:9) which has the 1.4 pixel aspect ratio OR

use the square pixels PAL DV which is 1050×576.

Can anyone clarify which would be the best or an alternative, I was thinking maybe just creating it in 1080P then running it from a computer?

Thanks.

Participant

If not using a blu-ray player, I would use the computer method to get 1080p.  Is there a TV out there that can run a video file from a USB flash drive without a PC or blu-ray player attached?  That would be the ticket.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best laptops for video editing — 2021

For video editors, finding the perfect portable workstation is like catching a unicorn. It is no easy task to find the perfect balance of performance vs price point.
homicide-bootstrap