Making a text video?

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

I’ve got about an A4 page of text (essay sort of) that I would like to make a video out of.

The absolute easiest would just doing it like the star wars intro or something similar where I just copy paste everything from a text document to the video.

But it wouldn’t be very interesting or fun to follow along. It’s a lot of text.

I want there to be a advantage to reading it from a video instead of a web page

(entertaining, cool).

Participant

This was pretty fun to make in After Effects. The only problem you may have is doing the voice over for it.

Inactive

You mean the text like Star Wars intro?

Sorry for not making it clear but I was looking for another way of making a video with tons of text.

To keep it interesting(not seeing line after line scroll down slowly for 5 mins), easy to read, cool, professional look.

I’m looking for suggestions what other ways I could do it? Or maybe even some examples?

I can use After Effects and Corel Videostudio.

Thanks!

Inactive

Try a YouTube search on Stephen Fry Kinetic Typography…This will give you another interesting way to work with text. a good After Effects project.

Inactive

Thanks!

Typography is the key-word.

There’s lots of more videos about typography.

Time to start making videos!

I don’t have a sample of what I’m suggesting though I have long long ago and far far away (sorry, couldn’t resist) … anyway, I used a SCAD of different deco or specialty fonts, bringing them in from various angles, as well as x, y, z with 3D effects, but I emphasized the presentation with VO as well as musical segments, using the beat or special UPBEAT elements of the sound track to underscore certain words and/or passages. Even so, this kind of presentation can be totally monotonous, boring or a flat out turnoff. Hard to make anything other than a PDF with graphics or an eBook interesting if it’s ONLY dialog or print on video IMHO. MIght be an interesting challenge at some point if/when I’m totally bored and and come up with some content worth trying.

Participant

Check out this example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nl40wVuCJUA&feature=plcp&context=C35458e2UDOEgsToPDskKUdHmHxmvst2fFKguiO7l1

Amena has other examples, most are similar to this format.

Luis Oscar MaymiLuis Oscar Maymi
    Participant

I agree with Earl, transferring a whole document of text to a video will be boring to your audience. The best you could do is summarize what you written and make a typography style video with voice over.

Participant

I made this for where I work and I believe it makes it a little more interesting.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlERQEDA1nk&context=C3fa0fd8ADOEgsToPDskJq_4P5JIo15aMZ1x2pEQy0

Participant

“I want there to be a advantage to reading it from a video instead of a web page(entertaining, cool).”

There’s probably no advantage to reading a video screen, at least if the content of the written material is important. I’d rank things this way: written on paper; Kendle (no back light;) computer monitor; video screen.

Trying to read complex material on a web page is difficult enough; trying to read it as a moving scroll or, worse yet, with a mixture of moving letters in different fonts and colors is hopeless. It may work in a short commercial, where bling is more important than content, but for a lengthy essay, such as you describe, it seems like a poor choice of media.

Jack

• Viewing 9 reply threads

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap