Make Money Producing School Band Videos

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Be True to Your Schools, make money producing school band videos. See the article on a simple approach, and the link to a more complex approach, at my blog at http://www.eccomeecgo.blogspot.com

Inactive

Do you check with the school bands to see if they have copyright permission to have their performances video taped and sold? I once video taped a dance recital and the owner showed me their BMI contract which contained a clause allowing a school to video tape performances.

Yep.

Participant

Hi Earl

My daughter is in the color guard of her school’s marching band and while I have video’d more than one of their performances (I am making a compilation for her squad) at a couple of invitational’s there were “professionals” there taping and selling copies of the performances – I gotta tell ya, I have never seen worse video – They had a tripod but it must have been loose or something as the video was all jumpy – On top of that, they didn’t stop zooming in and out plus panning everywhere way too fast – It was a nightmare!

Just goes to show you – A three chip camera does not a professional make…

So very true birdcat…

The shame of it is these people talk the talk to get into lucrative situations, then fall flat, giving other “professionals” a bad rep and making it doubly difficult to approach some potential business clients. Nothing much can be done about it – there are unqualified “professionals” in just about every line of business.

What makes things a bit easier for me now days is that pretty much ANYTHING I pitch I have decent demo footage for and make it a point to stress this immediately and up front. I also, without being asked, provide references. People in all walks of video need respond positively to these marketing strategies.

I also stress, when they come back with the inevitable “Video Faker, down the street, will do what you’e doing for…” (pick any price that is 30 percent or less than mine – hard to believe as that is since anyone shooting for less than me is NOT making ANY money). Ask for a demo sample and references is my standard reply, not making an offer to meet or beat. Don’t have to with my reasonable, tried-and-true, effective and affordable rates for most production work.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

How to buy a camera — 2020

While we have more options and more technology than ever before; buying a new camera has never been more difficult. It’s not just that there are dozens of cameras to choose from, it’s that each one offers...
homicide-bootstrap