Magix video pro X opinions?

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Does anyone have experience with Magix video pro X?

Inactive

It’s one of my favorite programs! What’s the question?

Participant

>>It’s one of my favorite programs! What’s the question?

Hi Tom.

The question is: “Why (is it one of your favorite programs)?”

Participant

What advantages does it have?

(What does it do that other programs won’t do?)

Thanks.

Inactive

Magix Video Pro X http://www.videomaker.com/article/14420/

Magix Edit Pro 15 Plushttp://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2349948,00.asp

Best to find some actual user reviews, however…

Participant

Hi Zoobie.

>>Magix Video Pro X http://www.videomaker.com/article/14420/

Yes, I read it a couple of months ago online, and twice in their printed mag as well, but I still have questions. The feature I liked most was the multicam thing; but apart from that, I don’t really know what else it has to offer over Sony Vegas.

>>Best to find some actual user reviews, however…

Exactly. But since Tomuses it(“It’s one of my favorite programs!”) I was hoping he would feel led to sharewhat exactly it is that he likes about it (perhaps as compared to Vegas), as they do not have a Magix section either here in their forum, or on Creative Cow.

Participant

If it is a good program, why don’t they at least add a section for it in the forum??

Participant

Hi Charles.

>>Your wish is our command.

My wish is your command? Hrmmmm……

Inactive

Hi guys, sorry was on special Videomaker assignment and had a much needed (short) vacation. Yes Magix Video Pro X is a great program for 3 reasons:

1.) User Friendly

2.) Professional Level Editing

3.) Price

First up, it is way too easy to do everything that was hard to figure out in Premeire or FCP as a beginner. The first time I looked at this program I could pick it up and figure it out. Everything from unlinking tracks, to mixing audio to creating advanced and heavily layered filters over the video. Just so easy!

Second, I thought that since I had never heard of the program, it would well suck! And no, I was very wrong. It could take in AVCHD, made ripping from CDs understandable for me and exporting was very simple. The point here is, whatever advanced piece of the puzzle I needed it could do plus it made things easy.

And lastly, seriously it’s cheap! Better deal than a lot of the other bigger more widely known options….

Participant

Excelente.

If I’ve got Vegas, does it give me anything that Vegas does not already have?

VASST (John Rofrano) makes an ‘Ultimate S’ plug-in so one can do multi-cam work.

Thanks.

Participant

Hi Charles.

>>Well, within reason… At least as far as forum management is concerned, let’s say that. πŸ™‚

As long as you are ‘granting wishes’, could we please have a Grass Valley/Edius forum as well?

Thanks!

Inactive

Yes it gives you a few different filters, better color correction and the overall workflow is much different. However, if you already went with Vegas I see no reason to add another editing program. Knowing what I know now though, sometimes I edit originally with CS3 then drop things into Video Pro X, and finally dump them into After Effects or Vegas for additional color correction if I need it.

Participant

>>Knowing what I know now though, sometimes I edit originally with CS3 then drop things into Video Pro X, and finally dump them into After Effects or Vegas for additional color correction if I need it.

Do you use Debugmode Frameserver, or anything? Or do the files just dump straight across?

I’m with Vegas for now. I keep asking myself if I will transition to Avid on my next machine upgrade, because Avid is supposed to have an allegedly faster workflow?

Um, so what’s the deal with Avid? And why do you choose CS3, Magix and After Effects over Avid?

Participant

>>Um, so what’s the deal with Avid? And why do you choose CS3, Magix and After Effects over Avid?

I do not mean to hijack this thread. I guess I’m just trying to determine if there is a ‘hypothetical ideal’ video program on the PC platform, so I can go to it, and then get on with it. So far I like Vegas a lot, and it is very easy to use, but I have noticed some limitations.

Is there such a thing as an ‘ideal app’? Does Avid qualify? Or why are you using Magix when you probably have access to Avid?

I hope you don’t mind all of my questions. If I should start a different thread, please just say so.

Participant

I hope you don’t mind my asking you so many questions, but my assumption is that you know a lot.

Inactive

This thread and these forums exist for our readers to learn anything and everything about video. It’s fine, ask away! In terms of Avid. Adobe was a program that reflects a lot of others out there that was designed by programmers, to me Avid on the other hand was designed by Editors. So I wouldn’t say that the workflow is better, but I would say that things feel a tad bit more intuitive. As for the reason that I dont use it…. comes down to cold hard deniros (or lack there of).

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best Nikon lenses β€” 2021

Nikon cameras are a favorite for DSLR shooters. Nikon has their own line of lenses, but there are also some third-party options available for both F mounts and Z mounts. Here are the best Nikon lenses currently available on the...
homicide-bootstrap