Magix Movie Edit Pro 12

Viewing 88 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Who all here is using Magix Movie Pro edit 12? I’m thinking about forming a users group. I don’t think there already is one. Posts in this thread will give me some feedback as to there being enough interest. From Video Deluxe 2.0 to Edit 12 or other Magix editors, if you use them and would be interested, post a note here.

Participant

I’m using MEP 11 Plus (the UK version) for my video editing (although I live in Canada)…looking forward to MEP 12 Plus (or whatever they call it) that should be out in the next month or so.

Its a shame that Magix has such a smorgsborg of versions (Video Deluxe 2008 -Germany, France and others; Movie Edit Pro 11 & 11 Plus United Kingdom and a few other countries; MEP 12 US & Canada…etc…) and where the feature list is different for each. I love MEP 11 Plus with the keyframe editor, audio mastering suite, etc that is missing from the US and Canada version.

And the Video Deluxe 2008Audio & Effects edition (Germany only) has all kinds of neat bells and whistles (ProDad Vitascene, iClone, Dolby Digital ™ 5.1 plug in) that just don’t filter down to the other versions…

Anyway, its a great editor…

Inactive

I just purchased MEP 12 and am trying to get used to all that it has. I have been using Adobe Elements 2.0. It is a good program, but it is old and I wanted to try something new. This is my first time to use a Magix program. I think I am going to enjoy it. Do you have any good suggestions for me?

Doug Albert

Houston, Tx.

Participant

Just play with it! The more you play, the more you will learn. Experiment! You’re going to love it!

J.

Participant

Aspyrider is right, just grab some footage and get editing…there are many layers to Magix…as a beginner you can just do simple movies, as an intermediate there is a lot you can achieve with video cleaning/processing/effects, and as you get advanced the multiple tracks, virtualdub plug ins,integratedphoto- and audio editor, and a slew of other features means that you can let your imagination go wild…

I find the built-in tutorials helpful, but for more information and for tips and tricks you can’t beat a few websites dedicated to MEP…

New Dog Digital’s unofficial web site: http://www.newdogdigital.com/board2/viewforum.php?f=11&sid=30eb4de0f1a90f87eadc1724159081c6

Magix’s official web site: http://support.magix.net/boards/magix/index.php?act=SF&f=113

Another great site: http://www.aaproductions.net/mep/

Some info & downloads: http://mvd.homevideo.free.fr/

Participant

WOW! Great stuff!

Inactive

Hello All, have just signed on to this forum from Adelaide,South Australia. Found this post through Google. Have been using MME P10 for about 14 months, but have just “updated” to MME P12 — WOW!, great program for High Def Video, and very easy to burn to DVD off the timeline. Still have much to learn about its finer tweaks and twitches, but am getting there. Off to work now, so won’t write much here until the weekend. Cheers.

Inactive

I use Magix MEP 10 Plus, UK version. I’d previously had MEP 2004 US version, worked great. “Upgraded” to MEP 10 US version, it stunk! Buggy, hardly anything worked. Ordered 10 Plus UK version via eBay UK, works fantastic.

Considering upgrading to 14 Plus UK version. Heard rumors that Magix UK -might- now ship to North America. However, it is cheaper on Amazon.co.uk, I’m asking a seller there if he ships to the US.

Participant

I’m very happy with MEP 12 and I plan to get 14 as soon as I can!

Inactive

ya i just picked this up, but im still figuring it out (playing around with it)

i do have a question though. does anyone have problems with avi files? it seems once i get several together it doesnt play back smooth. is this just me? and can i only import from my documents? as opposed to straight off my desktop. i know kinda the same thing but its not

Participant

AVI files are usually huge, your system may be bogging down trying to run several. Yes you can import from your desktop. In EDIT mode look under the tab that says Import, you will see a little icon of a computer screen and next to it is a icon of two file folders. Select that to get to your desktop.

Inactive

ah ok aspyrider thanks. ill try converting the files. and thanks for telling me where the icon was lol. theres so many things its a little overwhelming at first, but im getting it down. thanks!

Inactive

I happened upon this forum and think its interesting and if we work together, could be quite useful. I am bookmarking it for reference and perhaps at some point I can help others.

I have Magix Movie Pro 12. From what I have experienced with it, I find it to be a useful tool with good possibilities. I do have a problem though. My program is installed and working well with one exception. I have no sound….nothing at all. Is there a setting that may be out, or am I doing something wrong. I can not hear anything from the original video, or as I’m editing the video. Of course, tech support does not have the time to return my call or my emails. I hope someone may have something I can use.

Thank you

Participant

Lets start with the basics. Can you open the video file in Windows media player or some other player to confirm there is audio in the file?

If audio is there then look on the timeline where you have your file and see if the Mute button on the left is active. On the line the audio is on you’ll see Track and below Track you’ll see “S” & “M, the “M” is the mute button.

Also, if you render a file and play that file outside of MEP, can you hear the sound?

Plus check this: Go to FILE then PROGRAM SETTINGS. Then click the tab at the top that says Playback. Make sure a audio driver and device is loaded. Then click on the Video/Audio tab and make sure there is a check next to Extract sound from videos.

You can also go to the System tab on that same menu and select Automatic preview in the media pool, Audio & Video files. This will make it play the audio if you preview a clip.

Try the above and let us know if that helps. πŸ˜‰

J.

Inactive

I’ve had odd things happen to sound, especially when using an outboard USB or Firewire box. I have an Edirol UA-25 on my Dell laptop running MEP11. Every once in a while the sound will go away, especially if I have been editing sound in Audition on the same machine. Double-check your Control Panel and make sure that your sound settings have not been altered by software. I’ve had to reset it several times after launching some other program changed the output to the internal sound card rather than my usb box. Same thing happens on my other editing computer, which uses an M-audio Firewire Solo for output. I strongly recommend using an outboard audio I/O just as a matter of course. Relying on your built-in sound card is just asking for crappy sound. Cheers.

Inactive

Here’s a question, speaking of sound and MEP. Anyone else experience serious audio drift when working with imported MPEG files? I’ve had everything look great on the timeline, then burn the DVD and have the audio be as much as 2 seconds off sync. Makes me nuts. Also…anyone ever try to make the little copyright symbol in a title? I’ve tried every trick I can think of, all the control-alt codes do nothing.

Participant

Hmmm

Alt-0169 works for me. Some fonts don’t support that symbol though. Check your font with the windows character map and see if it has the symbol. Or use Ariel or times roman that does have it and see if it works.

Hold down ALT then with it pressed on the keypad type 0169

I haven’t had the audio drift problem.

J.

Participant

I like this program so far, have made 3 travel videos with music, that came out nice. I am suprized at the lack of instruction that came with it… pinnical had a big book, but magix had only like a 30 page leaflet. thing i can’t seem to do ( and it should be really basic ) is when i edit, the vertical red line dosn’t stop and the end of the last video frame, it just keeps going on into darkness. if I move the little stop around, the red line with stop there… but only when i WATCH the video, as soon as i put it at the end of the video, the line just runs right on by it. and when i burn videos, even a 3 minute video wants to go on endlessly, I cancel it and fine that it has burned perfectly, but i have no way of knowing when the burning is done, because it will say it’s in progress for ever. thanks for any help.

Participant

Now that is strange. Hasn’t happened to me. Ask that question here, maybe someone else has had that problem:

http://support.magix.net/boards/magix/index.php?act=SF&f=113

J

Participant

Anyone using MEP 14 yet? What do you think of it?

Inactive

No, I don’t have 14 yet. However, looking at the specifications, I really don’t see asignificant improvement that’s going to really spark offany creative ideas. It’s mostly technical improvements. I also would like to ask you something, Aspyrider. I’m looking to get a Canon HV20, it being allthe rave because of being the first 24p “consumer” camcorder. I’ve heard so many bad things about editing 24p on a 60i timeline. Have you ever tried editing 24p on MEP, and if so, how did it look?

Inactive

Hey guys,

I just bought Magix not too long ago and finnaly just got the firewire cord and hardware so I can connect my camera to my computer. I got everything working, but the only problem is that when I capture a video from my camera and watch it on Magix its real choppy? What do you think I could do to make it run a lot smoother?? Please let me know. My email is Austin4778@charter.net

Inactive

I’m waiting for it to hit the stores. I thought it was version 14, hummm.

Participant

MEP 14 is out now, and it is great!

πŸ˜‰

J

Participant

I put some tutorials for MEP14+ up on my blog:

http://intheviewfinder.blogspot.com/

Inactive

Hi Everyone

Would you be able to tell me if the Movie Edit Pro has the choice of outputs to either PAL or NTSC, I am hoping to get MEP 14 soon, but as I live in Australia, we are on the PAL System, there does not appear any mention on the Magix web site.

Thank you for any help would be appreciated.

aussietaff

Participant

Yes it does. πŸ˜‰

J.

Inactive

What is the difference between the magix program and sony vegas? Someone sell me on the program here πŸ™‚

Participant

I’ve not used Sony, I’m sure it’s a fine editor. My suggestion would be to download the free trial at http://www.magix.com and take MEP14+ for a spin. You will probably sell yourself on it.

I can say that I am very pleased with MEP14+. It does anything and everything I’ve ever needed and I’m still finding new things in it. I’m so happy with it I now publish a little tutorial program for it on my blog.

There are folks here that are also very happy with Vegas, Adobe and even Windows movie maker. I guess it comes down to personal preference. Try the free download. Push it to it’s limits then decide.

Technically I don’t think there is much difference between the two, they both have pro capabilities and both mix great video.

J

πŸ™‚

Inactive

Thank you Ispyrider for the answer, Now I have other problems that others should be aware of, I wanted to purchase Magix Movie Edit PRO 14, Magix have it available on their web site only in the Boxed version at US$49.99 in Australian dollars about $55.00. They will not send the boxed version outside the US or Canada.

They will not let this version be Downloaded, Support tell me to get it from the Australian distributer, I checked with them they want $109.95 Australian, about US$106.00, seems a rip off when the Magix site sell it for US$49.99.

I would have thought that in this current economic climate, Magix would be pleased to make money from anywhere for their products, instead of chasing customers away, I know from all the reviews, that it is an excellent program, but this type of attitude, does not do their business much good.

This has been an ongoing problem with their support people for over a week, OK you might say, buy it in Australia, I strongly object to paying twice as much as I should be paying.

Thanks again Ispyrider, your help was appreciated.

aussietaff

Participant

Thanks for the tip, I wasn’t aware of this. It may be some sort of dock fee or shipping thing. I don’t know why it would be more expensive to Aussies. It could also be some tracking system to know how many units sold in each country. But the price should be the same everywhere. It’s probably even more expensive but if you can, get the Plus version. It’s the pro version. It’s much better in my humble opinion.

I’m sorry you are having issues with getting it. If you know someone stateside, perhaps they can buy it and send it to you?

πŸ™

J.

Inactive

Thank you Aspyrider, I loved your video with Ginger, fantastic dog, so well behaved, Is he, or she a Yorkshire Terrier, wouldn’t mind having him myself.

Yea, Support tell me that I may Download the Plus Version at the US Price, which is cheaper than I can buy the PRO version in Australia. The size of the download has put me off a little, and I thought that version would be over the top of my head, because I admit that I am no expert at Video Editing and I thought that it might be too late to learn, as I am 73 next month.

Unfortunately, the Support people never do what you ask, first they told me I could download the PRO version, then they told me I couldn’t. when I asked them for the link, then I asked for my questions to be passed to someone higher up, who could understand English, but of course that is not going to happen, that is why I have brought this problem out in to the open.

All the best to you Aussietaff πŸ™

Participant

Hi Aussietaff,

Ginger is a Cocker Spaniel and spoiled rotten. LOL She rides the motorcycle like a pro (at low speed of course) and goes with me just about everywhere.

I know some have had issues with Magix tech support. Personally I have always gotten a quick response. Even before I was named one of their MAGIXians of the Month.

I want you to try this. Go to their Community Info location:

http://www.magix.com/us/online-services/communities/magixinfo/

Then enter the service and in the upper right you will see Blog/Feedback.

Click on Feedback and send them your issue. Tell them I sent you if you wish. (Jay Michael MAGIXian of the month May 2008 Webguy) I have always gotten a response within 24 hours from the community guys. They can forward your problem to the appropriate department if necessary. They should be able to tell you why it’s more expensive in Australia or why you are having problems getting the software. The community is there to help you.

Magix is a German based company (Berlin) and the language barrier can be an issue at times too. They have an office in England and in Florida, USA too. I know the guys in the Programming department but that wouldn’t help a marketing issue.

Georgy Levy is the USA Marketing director and he is one great guy!

MAGIX Entertainment
    George Levy
    Director Online Marketing
    701 SW 27th Ave. Suite 1403
    Miami, FL 33135

Tel.: (305) 642-6300 Ext. 102
    Fax: (305) 642-6400
    Web: http://www.magix.com

Try sending a polite Feedback to the Community.info guys first. They should be able to hook you up with a solution. Or some answer. πŸ™‚

Here in America the retail price for MEP14+ is $89.00 {and the standard MEP is $49.00}, with some retailers marking MEP14+ up to $99.00. Still cheaper than most NLE’s.

If none of the above helps. let me know. πŸ™‚

J.

Inactive

Thanks Ispyrider, I have taken up your suggestion, we will see what happens. Alf πŸ™‚

Inactive

Hello all. I am new to this so any help would be greatly appreciated. I bought the Magix Movie Pro 11 when I got my camcorder then I found out it wouldnt support it. So I found out that 12 did so I purchased it. I have been able to create the videos and made a slideshow of my brothers wedding but I am unable to burn it (at least I think I can’t). I’m not sure if the video needs to be finalized somehow before you can burn it because the file saves are still in project form. Also how long does it normally take to burn a movie. The slideshow of the wedding is only 10 minutes long. Any help would be great since the book that comes with it really doesn’t help. Thanks

Participant

I use Final Cut Pro, not Magix Movie Pro, but I think I might be able to help. I’ll give it a shot.

You might need aseparateprogram for the DVD authoring. For example, I’d edit my videos in Final Cut Pro, but I have to export to DVD Studio Pro to author the DVD. But like I said, I don’t use the program you use, so I don’t know where to further direct you.

As for as how long it takes to burn…I can’t really give you a strait answer. Sometimes the burned DVD doesn’t work the way you expected it to and you have to go back and fix stuff. But let say you did everything perfect the first time and you DVD came out as expected. If you can select the speed of the burn (2X, 4X, 8X, etc) I always pick the slowest. I believe it’s more reliable to burn slower.

Participant

MEP 12 had a patch release that fixed the burning issue in some versions. You can get it free from Magix. http://www.magix.com/us/support/support/patch-downloads/

This may be what is causing the issue you have, after you download and install the patch try it again.

If you go to BURN in the program you should be able to burn the disc directly from MEP without any extra software.

I was one of the ones who needed the patch too when I first got MEP 12, after I installed the patch all burning issues went away for me.

Hope this helps!

Also, if you still have problems, post your issue here: http://www.newdogdigital.com/Support_Board/viewforum.php?f=5

Folks there know more about the technical end than I do. πŸ™‚

J. πŸ™‚

Inactive

Hi Ispyrider, I did get a sort of reply, It was in German, I replied and said that I was sorry, but was unable to translate to English. They sent me another email in English, saying sorry, we have closed this support ticket. Ah Well, you can’t beat em.

Participant

Aussietaff,

I spoke to George Levy at MAGIX USA about your case, here is his reply:

“…I appreciate the detailed information you submitted on the customers experience with our support staff. I am copying John Auvil, head of customer support for North America, as there is a way MAGIX can send the product to Australia within budget. Australia is one of the next markets MAGIX is looking to expand to and there is a shipping method that is cost effective which John is fully aware of.

@ John Can you please work with our AWESOME MAGIXian Jay to make sure we take care of the Australian videographer who is wanting to get MEP 14 Plus?

Thanks again Jay and I wish you the absolute best Any new Conundrums in the works? I really dug the “Scroll a photo using keyframes in Movie Edit Pro 14 Plus video tutorial!

Aussietaff, Expect some results soon. Let me know how it goes, ok?

J.

Inactive

Aspyrider, thanks, you have done it again, Seriously, that should get things going, which will make me very happy. I am really pleased to have met you. I will keep in touch with you on developments. Give my love to Ginger πŸ™‚ Alf.

Inactive

I downloaded the Magix patch last night and it fixed my problem. Made my first video and it came out really nice. I am going to play around with it and make the video better now that I am able to burn.

Thanks again for your help

Participant

You are very welcome Stacy! Maybe you can post it to Utube for all to see! πŸ˜€

I’m glad it is working for you! You will enjoy MEP12, I used it for years and it is wonderful! πŸ™‚

J.

PS: When you get a chance, pick up MEP14 Plus, you’ll love it!

Howzit Aspyrider,

you look like someone who would be able to answer my question.

I am using Movie Edit Pro 12, and export my work as AVI files. I have no trouble with the Edit part of the program for the purposes for which i use it for, but have great trouble burning my final work onto a DVD that will display on a 16:9 flatscreen television. I have tried so many things in so many ways, but to no avail.The end result that i have in mind is a 16:9 compatible dvd (for television), which must be able to loop continuously – is that possible at all? If so, what would be the basic route to follow in doing that – as i say, i’ve tried for months now, but neither myself, Maxic support South Africa or America have been able to do so (which seems to me to be a very straightforward thing). Your help and hints would be much appreciated.

nicknaksman

Participant

Yes it’s possible. Is your source material 4:3 or 16:9?I assume you have it ready, you just need it to loop? When you burn a non-looping version, does it fit the 16:9 screen?

J.

Inactive

I am new to this forum and not sure exactly where I should be posting this question.

Ijust purchased magix movie edit pro 14 plus a couple days ago. I installed the software a few tmes, once in safe-mode. It states the installation was successful but when I click on the desktop icon, the program loads then quickly shuts down. From my research, I see that I might need to download the unlocking tool from the Magix web site. First I need to register my product but it keeps saying my product serial number is not a validate number. It is the number on my dvd cover. I emailed magix but have yet to get a reply to this issue. I am from Canada and the only number I can find to call them is a Florida number. There is no toll free phone number.

Does it sound like I need the unlocking tool? Why isn’t the web site online registery accepting the serial number? How long does it take them to get back to you by email to resolve issues? I was excited to get this software up and going and now I just feel frustrated.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

Participant

You should not have to download any unlocking tool to get the program started. This sounds like an issue with your PC. And if you registered the number it may not be letting you register again. You’ll need to contact MAGIX on this one as i doubt I could talk you through a fix on a forum.

Also here is a forum for tech questions:

http://www.newdogdigital.com/Support_Board/viewforum.php?f=5

and

http://support.magix.net/boards/magix/index.php?act=SF&f=113

Hope this helps!

J.

Inactive

Thanks. Can I bug you with one more question? I have no disc space left on my computor. I am running on low disc space. I really have no programs on my PC because I just use it for my photos and magic videos I make. I have close to 700 pics and orshort videosin my kodak software which I think is using up all my disc space on the c drive. Because I have no disc space could this be why the magix movie edit pro 14 is shutting down right after it loads?………maybe??

Participant

Yes, It has to create a file when it loads. Clean off some space and it should work. πŸ˜‰

J.

Hi Aspyrider,

My source material is mostly JPEG format, exported to 16:9 format – the best export format thus far for me has been IYUV codec, Video 640×360, 25 frames/s, 24 bit video size.

The DVD doesn’t burn at all – the write out lead never finishes, and when i finish it manually after i hear that my DVD burner has stopped, the DVD doesn’t play on any DVD player. For the past few months i have been taking my exported AVI files to a friend who then burns them onto DVD using a MAC. I wished you assumed right, but no, its not ready – its as if my burn function is nonexistent. Not that it should be rocket science – it’s a simpe straighforward AVI without any menus or sound, a max of 22.5 running minutes on screen, that needs to loop upon completion of its cycle.

Thanks for your help man, looking forward to your insight.

nicknaksman

Participant

Go download the MEP 12 patch and install it. It will fix you up:

http://www.magix.com/us/support/support/patch-downloads/

Just follow the links.

J. πŸ™‚

Participant

Here is a direct link:

http://support.magix.net/magix_relaunch/php/page.php?page=download&cat=11319

Inactive

Hi Aspyrider, I have to thank you, at last Magix have made Movie Edit Pro 14,(not the PLUS version) available as a download, so I will be getting it shortly, as I believe you are an affiliate, will you have it available on one of your web sites, I may as well order it through you, and put a few cents in to your account, as a way of showing my appreciation. Please let me know, and thanks again. Alf

Participant

Go to http://www.intheviewfinder.blogspot.com and click on the link icon on the right. πŸ™‚

J.

And Thank You!!!!

πŸ™‚

Participant

I am glad that you started this forum! Thanks. I am using MAGIX Edit Pro 14, and (I agree) it offers a lot for creative freedom. There’s no support, however. My problem is in making a HD DVD disk after shooting videos with any camera and editing with MAGIX (I use a canon HV 20 and a NXG 569v hd as a pocket camera). What’s the secret to making HD DVD using this program? Help!!!!

Participant

I shoot in SD with a Panasonic camera so I’ve not rendered in HD before. Here are two places to get excellent tech support:

http://support.magix.net

http://www.newdogdigital.com/Support_Board/viewforum.php?f=5

Post your problem there with as much detail you can (settings) and they can help. πŸ™‚

As far as I know there is no “secret” it should work as MEP14+ will handle all kinds of formats. There are several guys/gals on those forums using HD. πŸ™‚

J.

http://www.intheviewfinder.blogspot.com

Participant

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has come across this problem. While playing the video in MEP 12 the sounds on my video is hissing and full of static. The sound is very clean while viewing the exact same file in windows media player, Quicktime, winamp, and other editing programs like windows movie maker and pinnacle. I have updated all of my codecs and drivers and still I get the same problem, it is only like this in MEP 12. Is there a fix or a way to make it work. I have used the audio cleaning and while I like that option it comes out a little muffled due to haveing to crank the options up full to get rid of the hiss. Like I said, the sound is crystal clear in all of my other programs.

Inactive

Hi Jay

I have just purchased and downloaded Movie Edit Pro 14 through your web site, 7.30 PM Eastern Australia Time Monday Aug 25.

Regards and Thanks, if I have any questions will you mind. Alf

Participant

Don’t mind at all, you can leave a comment at my site! Enjoy!

J.

Participant

Find more videos like this on Magix Movie Edit Pro Users Group

Participant

Hello Aspyrider and other members. I have just started to use MEP 12 e. After long windows movie maker experiences now I feel very free… MEP 12 offers me huge variety of edition ideas. But I m suffering of some audio playback problems. MEP just plays the first second of the chosenvideo file (image is ok, I m talking about the sound of that vid.)and suddenly gets quite till the end of that file. This happens on just the videos taken by my canon camera. When I import an edited movie (such as exported windows movie maker project) to time line I could able to hear all the audio without any cut. I believe this is something related to the settings but can not figured out yet. When I put the audio as wave form I see the waves just in the beginning, rest is fully red in color.

I have tried all thetopics you gave on this subject.

?“Lets start with the basics. Can you open the video file in Windows media player or some other player to confirm there is audio in the file? If audio is there then look on the timeline where you have your file and see if the Mute button on the left is active.? On the line the audio is on you’ll see Track and below Track you’ll see “S” & “M, the “M” is the mute button. Also, if you render a file and play that file outside of MEP, can you hear the sound? Plus check this: Go to FILE then PROGRAM SETTINGS. Then click the tab at the top that says Playback. Make sure a audio driver and device is loaded. Then click on the Video/Audio tab and make sure there is a check next to Extract sound from videos. You can also go to the System tab on that same menu and select Automatic preview in the media pool, Audio & Video files. This will make it play the audio if you preview a clip. Try the above and let us know if that helps. πŸ˜‰ J. “

I m sure this footage has sound on. Mute function is not actived. If I export this half sounded video as any kind of movie file the problem exists. Playback settings are ok! Audio driver and device ok! I m sure program extracts sound from videos. System tab settings are ok…

But I still can not understand why I can nothere and edit complete sounds of my videos.

I will be more than glad Ifyoureply me.Thanks a lot! Thanks for creating this forum too.

Participant

Ok, the problem only exists with your canon camera, all other files are ok. You get a few seconds of sound then it trails off. I’m no technician but this sounds like one of two problems. First would be a codec issue, you may need a codec that is compatible with your camera or you have a corrupt file (codec) that isn’t working with the camera. The second would be a capture issue. How do you capture video/audio from the camera? Firewire?

Have you tried reinstalling MEP12? That would be my next move, reinstall the program and let it put all the files back on your pc. Then try it again. If the problem persists, contact MAGIX tech support. (www.magix.com)

But it sounds like Magix is working ok, this might be an issue with the camera. I don’t think it’s a compatibility issue as MEP works well with all cameras (firewire). However there may be something happening when in import.

Do a reinstall and see if that clears it up.

Also…when you import from the camera do you get any dropped frames? This may indicate the hard drive is not keeping up with the data flow of the camera.

~

If you are not importing from firewire, are you taking files directly from the camera? If so, what format is the camera files? .asf? .mov? .avi? If this is the case you may need to convert the files first before using them in MEP…Canon could be using some propriety codec MEP doesn’t understand. (Back when I ran MEP12 I had a AIPTEK camera that I had to convert the files, they had some funky .asf codec)

Post here your results.

J. πŸ˜‰

Participant

First of all, thanks for replying me so fast Aspyrider. Magix have to pay you for your fast consultancy πŸ™‚ I m really thankful.

According to your advice, I reinstalled MEP. Nope, same problem exists. Yes this problem just comes with my camera’s files. I did a small experiment. Chose one of those broken-sound video and open it in windows movie maker. Without doing any edition saved this video as a high quality video. And imported it in MEP again. It worked, I could see all the audio waves and hear the sound but with some quality loss.

I guess I m having troubles of codecs as you said before. But with little knowledge of this kind of computer’s codecs stuff, I m still away from the solution. Let me reply your questions about my camera:

When I import from the camera… No I don’t get any dropped frames..

I transfer the videos from the sd card ofthe camera. Each video comes as 2 files. One is regular movie file, otheris THM file (I don’t know what it refers to) The format of video is AVI. But audio comes as DCM format. Does it help? My camera is canon power shot sd 900.

It looks like I need a good converter program now. Do you know any free software? I m shooting my movie as a high resolution-the highest resololution I can get (1024×768/ 88 kbps 8 bit) So don’ t want to loose anything on converting process.

Thanks a lot, Best wishes!

Participant

Ok, the THM file is probably something Canon puts there, I don’t think you need it. Is the audio separate from the avi or in the avi? Sounds like you need to convert that file because MEP 12 doesn’t understand it.

Try one of these free converters: http://www.snapfiles.com/Freeware/gmm/fwvideconvert.html (perhaps the Quick media Converter)

Try that and let me know how it goes. πŸ™‚

I hope I helped you!

πŸ™‚

J.

BTW: We have a MEP users group here: (http://www.mepusers.ning.com)

Participant

I think audio comes in AVI. But its coded as DCM. Anyway I downloaded the quick media converter. Prettygood results.

Yes, you helped a lot. I will visit the group soon.

Thanks!

Participant

Your welcome! πŸ™‚

Participant

Hello.

I was wondering if someone can help mi figuring out this. I have Magix M E Pro 12, Im a “movie creator” using a video game, The Sims 2. I notice on the first video I made that the image sort of “shakes” sometimes and it doesnt look very neat either. I used Windows Movie Maker to make the first ones, with the same settings on the game to record the shorts, so I know is not the game settings. Im adding the url of the video so anyone can take a look of what Im trying to say.

First time I notice the “shake” is on minute 2:56 when they are dancing, and forward you can see same trouble again.

Ill apreciate any info you can give me.

Thank You and Take Care.

Participant

I didn’t notice a specific shake but I did notice at 2:56 there is a character wearing a plaid shirt and the shirt has a shimmer. This looks like the codec decoding the video and adding a shake trying to keep the pattern straight. Maybe that is what you are seeing?

If you can’t change the characters clothing to something solid try exporting the video to a different format, maybe mpeg 2 or DV-avi. Also try exporting progressive then interlaced and see if the problem goes away.

Hope that helped.

J.

Participant

If you are talking bout the black and white shirt, on the shoulder, yes thats what I meant, but I see the same problem in a lot of parts of the video, mostly on those that are open scenes, I dont see it when is a close view of the character tho. Ill try exporting on diff format as you said.

Thanks for the help.

Participant

thanks

Participant

Hello,

I could find a Magix Movie Edit Pro 14forum so I thought this is themost relevantforum group.

I just purchased the Magix Movie Edit Pro 14 plus (not the download) and had some problems starting up the program after the installation. The program loads up, then I get the message “the driver installation must be repaired . Please reboot your system and try again! (#10020)”. Then it tells me to instert the Magix installation DVD again. I went throught the website support and ran the “Unlockmaster” script which was sent to me, and that did nothing. I am still wating for a response from the Magix support. I’m running XP on a P4 3.2Ghz computer.

I just like to know if anyone has had this problem before and how it was fixed. It seems to me to be some DVD protection problem. Thanks for the help.

Participant

Hmmm, that is a new one. You may want to ask the members at our MEP users group: http://mepusers.ning.com/

Have you tried deleting the install and installing again?

J.

Participant

Hello, I feel a little dumb asking such as basic question but how do I make very basic cuts from my video once its loaded in Magix 12? For example if I have a 3 min video but want to delete the first 15 seconds and then delete lets say 1:30 to 1:45 so now the video is 2:30 long. Thanks alot for any help!

Participant

I believe in MEP12 there is a icon of sissors on the bar above the timeline, between the timeline and media pool. Use that to cut clips. You can place the red scrubber bar on the location of the clip and select the sissors. They changed it in MEP14+, now there is a razor blade under the viewer.

Just cut a section and hit Delete on the keyboard, that will cut it.

Man…I’ve been using MEP14+ so long now I have forgotten the buttons in 12. LOL

πŸ™‚

J

Participant

BTW, Videomaker…

This thread is getting a bit long in the tooth, can we have a section for Movie Edit Pro?

Participant

Who all here is using Magix Movie Pro edit 12? I’m thinking about forming a users group. I don’t think there already is one. Posts in this thread will give me some feedback as to there being enough interest. From Video Deluxe 2.0 to Edit 12 or other Magix editors, if you use them and would be interested, post a note here.

My name is Alvin Hill, I am the owner of PerfectPeace Productions. I have been using Magix software for at lease 4to5 years. I have used Movie Edit Pro 10,11,12 and now I’m using theMovie Edit Pro 14 plus version.Magix has great editing software but their customer service/technical support SUCKS. Because of Magix technical support issues,I have reallythought about using another editing software.But I think this would be a great idea to have this Forum.

On this Forum willthere be ways of getting some help with technical problems we may have with Magix Edit Pro?

Thanks.

Alvin Hill

PerfectPeace Productions

Participant

I agree Magix tech support is lacking. I produced some tutorials for my blog and started a users group here. However for major tech support Magix and this forum is the best place to get it. We have over 160 members in the users group but it is mostly a video sharing site. The Magix forum is also user operated and like us if a user has never encountered a specific problem, you may not get an answer. The problem is Magix tech support is overseas and has a limited staff.

Users help when we can but are limited on our time and knowledge. Which is why I think forums like this one are a good way to spread out information. And find help.

The software is fantastic, and since it is I rarely run into major tech issues. I find most want to know how to do something rather than how to fix something. I produced a DVD on using the software and make web tutorials, plus formed the users group in an effort to try and solve some basic issues.

Alas I am just one guy though so more user knowledge is needed. πŸ™‚

J.

Participant

Hi All,

I purchased Magix movie edit pro 12 and installed it last night on Vista. There are two problems I have. I don’t see the option for multi disc creator ( for PCs and DVD players ) and then, the message ” Writing lead out and closing disc, this will take some time “. I downloaded the burner patch, as said here, but still it gives me the problem. Please help !!!!! I need to burn DVDsof my kid’s program and send it to another country soon.

Thanks,

RT

Participant

Another question for my previous post – If we have a video in ts mode, can we convert it in Magix Movie edit pro 12 to mpeg, etc……… when we create the DVD / VCD ?????

Thanks,

Participant

Yes, select FILE/EXPORT then the type of mpeg you want. πŸ™‚

Participant

Aspyrider,

I realize this forum is for MAGIX movie edit pro software issues but I picked up MAGIX family movie creator software at a local store. Itried to search on the internet for reviews on this particular software but it doesn’t display anything and this softwarecannot be foundin MAGIX.comwebsite. Have you heard of MAGIX family movie creator? It seems like it’s simliar to movie edit pro but withthe basic editing and burning tools. I don’t like to install software on my computer until Igetother people’sopinion so I’d greatly appreciate your input.

Thanks, DT

Participant

I was walking in a Target store the other day and saw this. It was my first and only encounter with the product. I thought it may be something new too but like you said its not on the web site.

It appears to be a very scaled down version of Movie Edit Pro. I doubt it has many features and I also doubt it has much support. I am a Movie Edit Pro users and I recommend the Plus version of Movie Edit Pro 14. It is awesome.

This thing seems to be geared toward very simple editing and maybe kids. If you want my advice I would say take it back and get MEP14+. You will be happy in the long run. πŸ™‚

J.

Participant

I did purchase it from Target.On the boxitdid say it contained the Magix Movies on DVD7 software and what I got from their website & like you said,it’s a very scaled down version of Movie Edit Pro. I alreadyhave Windows Moviemakerso I’ll be returning it and will give MEP14+ a try. Thanks for your input.

Participant

You are going to love MEP14+. When you get it I have some tutorials on my Blog (www.intheviewfinder.blogspot.com) and we have a users group here. πŸ™‚

J.

Inactive

Hi there.

I’m looking to purchase Magix movie edit pro plus… I’m used to using 11.

What would you recommend? 12? 14? I’m an amateur at video editing – I have Windows XP if that makes any difference.

Participant

Get movie edit pro 14 Plus, it has more features that in time you will want. πŸ™‚

It’s on sale if you use the link at my blog: http://www.intheviewfinder.blogspot.com

Participant

I have a problem with Magix Movie Edit Pro 12. When I edit the video files from my camcorder, the audio and video get thrown off track, and i dont know how to fix it. I have a JVC Everio hybrid hard disc camcorder 60GB,which i believe outputs in Mpeg format but my computer says it is aMOD File format, I am running Vista Basic and I have a 2.16 GHZ CPU, with one Gig of Ram. I hopeyou guys can help me. Thanks

Inactive

I am having problems with Movie Edit Pro 14. When I try to burn a disc program made up of several photos, songs, and movies, my computer shuts down. I am running Windows XP with a 2.8 GHz pentium processor. I replaced the power supply, beefed up my HD (500GB), increased my memory to 3 GB of RAM, and tried a different DVD burner. No dice.

In the burn window, there’s plenty of space on the DVD. When I cut the DVD into several smaller disc projects that are 6-7 minutes long I can get it to burn. But, they have to be less than 500 MB. That seems like a waste of space on a DVD and a lot of DVDs to watch to enjoy a slideshow/movieshow of my vacation. Any advice?

PS I tried EMAGIX, but they want me to pay a fee to get tech support as I have had the program for about a year now.

Thanks!

Inactive

I am reading everything you guys write here and I’m envy. I take a lot of videos of the family (with my Flip HD) but it’s juts
    dusting on my hard drive. I barely watch it and never share it. I tried editing once or twice but gave up pretty quickly. I was told about magisto which is suppose to be for people like me (busy? lazy!) but when I get in http://www.magisto.com I can only register for an invite. I don’t know anyone who
    can send me an invite and I don’t know when will they open their site
    for everyone cause now it’s in closed alpha or beta or something. Can
    anyone here help? Ever heard of these guys?

Include users of {Sony} MSHD11 and I'm in…

could be that MEP is set to the wrong sample rate or bit rate.  This will play havoc with the audio.

prob. the computer isnt fast enough to keep the audio and Video in sync.

• Viewing 88 reply threads

Best Products

The best audio and video recorders β€” 2020

In this article, we’ll cover the best external recorders for both video and audio recording. Then, we’ll go over the specs we considered when making our selections so that you can choose the best recorder for your...
    homicide-bootstrap