MAGIX Movie Edit Pro 10 problem – Need help!

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Editing MAGIX Movie Edit Pro 10 problem – Need help!

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Hello everyone. I am new to the video editting world and to these forums. I recently started using MAGIX Movie Edit Pro 10. I have been editting a video for a few hours now and all of a sudden some weird problems keep me from continuing.

Problem A – When I drag an AVI file into the timeline I get a pop-up window telling me this "You can’t open HD-Project C:bla blabla blaetc twice", even though that file isn’t currently opened.

Problem B – Sometimes when I drag an AVI file that contains a video + sound on the timeline, instead of getting "You can’t open HD-Project C:bla blabla blaetc twice", I get a .HDP file that contains only sound.

Problem C – If I open an AVI file that hasn’t been used in the project so far, I get a message telling me "The format of C:bla blabla blaetc cannot be read by MAGIX Movie Edit Pro!"

What is confusing is that when I start a new project, every AVI file that didn’t work in my movie’s project now work perfectly.

Any help will be GREATLY appreciated. Hopefully it’s something I’m doing wrong. πŸ™

Inactive

Where did the AVI files come from? In other words what kind of camera do you use?

You’re not using an HDV type camera and your trying to edit this in a program that can’t support HDV are you? I don’t know how much you know but there is a HUGE difference between standard DV and HDV.

You know I was just helping another person who was having problems with this same program. I’m starting to think it’s nothing but problems. I did suggest that he add more RAM because he only had 512meg and that seemed to sove his problem.

How much do you have?

RAM

Inactive

I’m not doing anything serious right now. Only working on a game video, so my AVI files come from FRAPS. I have 1gb of RAM, P4 3.2Ghz processor, and an ATI Radeon 9800 pro graphics card.

Inactive

CoolMoko Wrote:

Only working on a game video, so my AVI files come from FRAPS.

I’m not sure I understand. What do you mean, "game video" and what is "FRAPS"?

Do you mean like a computer game and you’re trying to use AVI files from that game?

RAM

Inactive

Yeah, FRAPS is the program I use to record what I’m currently playing. FRAPS saves the recorded content into AVI files.

Inactive

CoolMoko Wrote:

Yeah, FRAPS is the program I use to record what I’m currently playing. FRAPS saves the recorded content into AVI files.

Hummm… interesting!

Well I don’t know anything about this FRAPS program but the problem could be codec or format related. This FRAPS program could be using a codec or a format that your NLE doesn’t recognize or like.

RAM

Inactive

The thing is, I already created and saved a video using AVI files coming from FRAPS without any problems. With my current project, I currently have 10 minutes of work done with AVI files that were made with FRAPS and the problems started happening all of a sudden.

By the way, sorry if you have trouble understanding some things I say. I’m a french canadian and my english isn’t perfect yet.

**EDIT**: Could it be a setting I accidentally changed in my current project since everything works fine when I start a new one?

Inactive

CoolMoko Wrote:

Could it be a setting I accidentally changed in my current project since everything works fine when I start a new one?

You might have something there. Changing crucial settings in the middle of a project can cause unpredictable problems. Usually NLE software programs create certain rendered or conformed files in a way which was determined by settings you did when you first started setting your project up. If you changed the rules all of a sudden, these existing temp files might not work anymore. That would seem to make sense.

RAM

btw: You’re easy to understand. A lot easier than trying to understand my wife! X-D

Inactive

Video-maniac Wrote:

btw: You’re easy to understand. A lot easier than trying to understand my wife! X-D

Heheh.

What if I exported the unfinished video as an AVI file, and made a new project which would be the other half. Could I use let’s say umm…VirtualDub to compile them one more time for them to form a single video?

Inactive

Boy… Because you’re working with programs that I’m not familar with, I’m afraid I can’t help you. Up to this point I was drawing conclusions from known basic theories.

Sorry!

RAM

Inactive

Hehe it’s okay. Thanks for trying to help me. πŸ˜€

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap