Mac vs. PC

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant
      DNSVideoDNSVideo
      Participant

PC, I use Pinnacle Studio 14 HD Ultimate, works fine.

DNS, do YOU see something in the message box that designcbts entered? I have nothing but a blank, white box. Or did you just generally respond to the heading? Curious. Was going to remove it because an empty box is not very forthcoming information-wise πŸ˜‰ but now that you’ve posted …

Participant

I see a beautiful photo of a polar bear in a snowstorm…. under a heading I thought was fishing for trolls…lol!

mac… because. just because.

Participant

Looks empty to me Earl, or a polar bear in a white out.

I’ve nothing personally or professionally, or, well technically for that matter, against PC but like a comfortable pair of shoes, gimme my Mac!

DANG polar bears!

Participant

Earl, you switched to Lion yet? What do you think of it?

Short answer is No.

Actually, Don, I operate on the basis that if it isn’t broke, don’t fix it, thus remaining with Leopard, GASP! To all the purists out there, I don’t CARE what they think because EVERYTHING about my Mac Pro system is working great: FCP, Photoshop, even the iPrograms from Works to Life and more. I purchased Snow Leopard and have it installed on a standalone drive and visit it from time-to-time, even have updated it, but never have been fully confident that something wouldn’t cause me grief in my current work regimen. I suppose I WILL make the jump when/if it becomes absolutely necessary, to SL that is, then Lion, but then I need to assess the video card compatibility thing and some other stuff, and as inconsistent as business and the economy are right now I remain too busy with projects to take the time or the chance to figure that stuff out.

Participant

I agree, Earl… but my home burned down last month… fortunately most of my work gear was in the studio, but I did lose two computers, and I now have a new macbook pro (thank G and the insurance company)… so I’m getting used to Lion now, but I am still waiting for the new photoshop cs5 suite and final cut pro to get sent, as you said my old programs don’t work, so it is a huge investment to make the jump from tiger to lion…. I wonder how many other big cats are there for Apple name future upgrades after…. “New from Apple, OSX 12 Garfield!”???

;0)

Participant

I’m a PC guy, always have been. I use the Adobe suite for most of my work and a custom built machine that really handles everything well. With the news of Mac Pro dying, I expect a lot of people will begin to switch back to PC.

With the exception, of course, Tony, that Mac users still have viable editing program alternatives if they want to stay with the Mac systems. Again, nothing at all wrong with PC, just that I probably couldn’t make the transition as I’ve been using Macs since the 512k and Classic … first getting into the self-publishing field, then as things progressed, getting into graphics and video.

Participant

Tony… read up on thunderbolt, and the mac specs before drawing any conclusions… I dare say a new mac mini with a few external accessories, and a few internal upgrades could beat the mac pro soundly for video editing…..

then theres the bigger macs…. and macbook pros…

I think Apple is again ahead of the curve in anticipating where the market WILL BE, in a couple years…. The imacs and macbook pros ARE up to the job of replacing the mac pro already…..

I f I added an internal ssd drive, and an external thunderbolt raid to my mbp (with gigs of ram), Which I intend to do; it will be fast enough..

Inactive

Yup. Polar bears in a blizzard. That’s what I see.

Wow, somebody yelled, ‘PC’ in the ‘Apple Store’ again? Well, it has been a respectable length of time since the last dust up on this topic. My position is well documented and anyone who cares to know it, feel free to search the archives. Not surprised with the improvements on the iMac. With the retrofit of FCP, it seems logical to do what they did with the iMac. PC’s are moving toward workstations as laptops / portable workstations that are just plain powerhouses. I picked up one last year and after I added some extra RAM, it can give my workstation a serious run for a fourth of what I paid to build it. It’s great for banging out a serious cut in the field with some depth in mographics, audio and what-not. Makes life a lot easier when I get everything in the edit bay. I was going to get on the USB-3.0 bandwagon, but I have grown to really hate USB. Right now I’m sticking with eSATA (6Gbs is currently available and cheap. Until Intel and Microsoft go ahead with T-bolt in PC gear.) Watch out for those Polar Bears.

Participant

This site doesn’t seem to to work well with my browser…

Participant

designcbts, I am having problems posting with a new laptop (win 7) giving me blank posts. I get a window popping up stating if I leave the page I will lose myinput, click OK and I get a blank post, click cancel andnothing happens.I return to older desktop and have no problem posting. Maybe someone can help.

Participant

works fine with Safari on my mac running lion…

did you say the question was Mac vs PC? lol!

Participant

I have Win7/IE9, too, and get the blizzard thing.

When I post, I first select to “Stay on the Page”.  Then I post and select to “Leave the Page” and the message posts as it should.

Participant

cfxcorp, thanks for the heads up, I’m trying your suggestion. It’s a PC thing? you wouldn’t understand.

Participant

Yahoo it works. Why?

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best After Effects and motion graphics template sites – 2021

You have the tools needed to create stunning motion graphics, but do you have the time? If not, using motion graphics templates can be a great way to add polish to a production without blowing your deadline.
homicide-bootstrap