Mac not recognizing camcorder

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

I plugged my camcorder into my mac with a basic 4pin to 6pin firewire cable. It shows up on the camera as being plugged in, but on the computer, nothing happens. what am I doing wrong?

Rob
      Participant

what software are you using? A lot of times you have to connect the camera and set it to Playback/VCR mode (or whatever your camera calls it) before you launch your editing software.

You know if your computer has recognized the camcorder if you go to the Apple at the top left corner of the screen, Go to “About This Mac” > More Info > Firewire (left side) > see if your camcorder is in the list of hardware connected though firewire.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Great tip, I looked in “About this mac” and found my camera (canonHV30) is being recognized.

New question, why when I open Imovie does it say “No camera attatched” ?? (when I’m attatched of course)

Rob
      Participant

mmm…not sure. I’m not an iMovie user. Is it the latest version of iMovie? Maybe the version you have doesn’t support your camera.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Video and Film Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN