Low Budget Camera Mic

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

I’m looking for a Camera Mic to do low budget tech videos in place of the dredded in camera mic. I’ll be using it both indoors and out, probably no farther than 15-20 ft. distance. Budget is $75, camera being used is a Cannon ZR930, I’m not worried about mounting. Here is the microphone I’m thinking of getting this one:

Azden XMS-10 Microphone

Does anyone have a better recommendation for less than $75? Also I plan to periodically use a 3.5mm extension to position the mic away from the camera, about how long can the extension be without causing too much noise in the line?

Participant

I’ve heard good things about the Azden XMS-10, but haven’t used it. After reading the forums and asking around, I had a friend that suggested the RODE Videomic and I found one on Craigslist.org for less than $60 and it works very well for me!

Inactive

lol, nobody has popped up a red flag so I guess I’ll order this tomarrow.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best audio and video recorders — 2021

In this article, we’ll cover the best external recorders for both video and audio recording. Then, we’ll go over the specs we considered when making our selections so that you can choose the best recorder for your specific situation. The...
homicide-bootstrap