Lost Avid Dongle

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Dear Friends;

I have an Avid Complete System , Avid Media Composer 2.8.1 with Adrenaline and dTective Filters

from Ocean Systems, I have lost my dongles and Avid request to buy full license including New

Media Composer License and Dongle, they will not sell replacement for lost dongles, so I am

looking for any used good condition dongle for my system.

Best Regards

Salem

Participant

That’s not right. Call em again and explain what’s going on. You can give them your sys ID and old dongle number and they’ll happily sell you a replacement dongle for $180 over and over again. I broke one in a move not long ago and they had a replacement to me within the week.

If they continue to shase you away as a customer, I will sell you my complete adrenaline system for $18,000. BCC AVX, Sapphire Effects, After Effects, Photoshop, Avid DVDit, sorenson squeeze, ect. All included.

Participant

I have lost my dongles”

it happens to the best of us….sorry man.

life goes on, ya know?

I’m with Grinner. If you can give them your documentation numbers, you should be able to get another with minimum hassle. Have you tried to get another through Ocean Systems?

Inactive

I have contaced AVID and I send all my documentation number they inform me that if you send them the crashed dongle they will send you a replacement, but if you lost the dongle then you need to buy new licnse for Media Composer with dongle, Actually they are afraid that the replacement may be used for another computer ..

any solution for that

Regards

Salem

Salem,

That’s horse$%#@$!! Dongles get broken and sometimes lost. That’s why they are stupid in the first place. If you’ve shown them proper documentation and they still won’t sell you a replacement, then send the software back for a full refund. Buying a new license means buying the software all over again. That’s wrong. I like working with Avid products, but they are complete male sexual organs when it comes to legitimate dongle issues. My recommendation is to s*t-can Media Composer and get FCP (mac), Vegas (pc) or Premeire Pro (pc, mac) so you don’t have retarded issues like dongles to deal with in the first place.

Participant

They obviously smell a rat. Again, I’ve had no problem with this.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

A Tripod Buyer’s Guide for Every Budget

The best tripods for video — 2020

Carefully comparing and reviewing system specs will ultimately help you find the best tripod to fit your needs and your budget.
homicide-bootstrap