Loss of Mic sound on DVD

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

<p style=”margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 12.0px Helvetica;”><span style=”letter-spacing: 0.0px;”>Why is it, that on the very odd occasion when a DVD that I have burned is played on an old player or one using a faulty scart lead, the sound which was recorded using an external camera mic is lost whilst the rest is fine?</span>
      <p style=”margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 12.0px Helvetica; min-height: 14.0px;”><span style=”letter-spacing: 0.0px;”></span>
      <p style=”margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 12.0px Helvetica;”><span style=”letter-spacing: 0.0px;”>All the sound in Final Cut is correct whether imported for dubbing or original. It is all exported & compressed for DVD together so why the disparity in playback? This is very rare but it bugs me, can anyone explain it?</span>

Participant

How are you going about exporting for DVD? Are you using Compressor? If not, you should be. And there are certain settings in the default DVD compression presets that are not ideal for DVD.

Participant

Are you referring to the default DVD settings in compressor, DVD Pro, iDVD or all?

The particular discs I am talking about have been exported as a quicktime movie into iDVD.

Thanks

Participant

I was referring to the default settings in Compressor.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Storage Buyer's Guide

The best digital storage for video editors — 2020

As digital video resolutions increase, our need for storage increases as well. If you’re ready to step up to a new storage solution, you’re in the right place.
homicide-bootstrap