Looping

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hi
      I don’t know if I am in the right place, but maybe someone can help me? I am creating videos in Studio 8 for DVD players. What I want to do is loop the DVD or Cd, when it gets to the end I want it to start from the beginning or over again. I know the DVD player will do that, the problem I have is when the DVD player loses power it defaults to one time play.

Is there any way I can put a loop in the program or video? If there is a program that does this? Can one also suggest what to look for. Thank you very much for any help! Please write to ernestjp@juno.com

Participant

Im not familiar with studio 8 but basically you want to set the end action. That is, what it does when that title is done playing.

For example:
      Lets say you have a clip you want to loop:
      “Killer Geeks From Outer Space”

find out how to set the end action for “Killer Geeks From Outer Space” to:
      “Killer Geeks From Outer Space”

it will loop forever.

Confused yet?

There are other ways to do it, such as placing the clip as the background of a menu and telling the menu to loop X number of times (or infinity). Or creating a playlist that tells the DVD player which lets you create a list of titles to play (like all of them for a play all button). But the first way is the best and easiest.

Participant

Thanks, will look for something in the program that will make it loop, problem is it is a DVD and reverts back to default. I think your right though, it will play the DVD once then stop, if I have some kind of a looping on the back, it may work. I see your a wedding video guy, fun stuff, been doing weddings for 40 years or so. I do stills, never got into video, looks like more fun though! Thanks for your reply. Jim

Participant

Yeah! I love the wedding business! Everyones always emotional and looking better than they ever have! It’s hard to get someone to look that good in a normal production. I do other stuff too though. I’m currently in pre-production for a music video (to be taped this winter in the snowy rocky mountains) and am also in pre-production of a local Extreme Home makeover type show. What can I say? I love this job! I get to play for a living!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best video monitors — 2021

We rely on our video monitors to show us an accurate representation of our images throughout the production process. Here are some of the best video monitors currently on the market.
homicide-bootstrap