Loooong project

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

I have a long (2 hours 50 minutes) project. It’s the raw footage from a breakout session at an environmental conference. What’s the best way to get this onto DVDs (I’m assuming it’s going to take three or four) for my client? I’m not sure at this point if she’s looking for data discs (e.g. H264) with which she can edit, or standard DVDs, so advice on either would be appreciated.

Thanks.

P.S.: my Compressor application quit on me (“unable to connect to background process”), so that’s no an option, unfortunately.

Inactive

My advice: first, find out exactly what your client wants. If you are unable to find out, then provide her with both. For a client who wants all the raw footage (and has a decent budget), my first preference is to deliver all the raw footage on a portable hard drive that is included in the costs. One can get a decent 750GB portable HDD for $130. If that cost is feasible, that is my first suggestion. If not, I would inform her that you can provide her DVD discs with MPEG2 footage of the event. This way you can encode everything to MPEG2, allowing you to ft all the footage on approximately 2 standard size DVDs (or possibly 1 dual-layer). Hope this is of some help.

Inactive

Thanks! Very helpful indeed. I did suggest the HD solution.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best audio and video recorders — 2020

In this article, we’ll cover the best external recorders for both video and audio recording. Then, we’ll go over the specs we considered when making our selections so that you can choose the best recorder for your...
homicide-bootstrap