Looking for suggestion on waterproof helmet cam

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I’m currently using a viosport h20 helmet cam to film while in my kayak. However, the lens seems to be a bit wide angle. Any suggestions on better cams to use? And what is the best way to determine the quality of the lens?
      Thanks

Inactive

The H2O cam has a 3.6mm lens which is a bit wide but not ultra wide. The wide lens is better for action that entails lots of movement. A narrow angle lens would create too much movement within the frame- wide lenses will reduce the motions angular rate of change, thus preventing motion sickness when viewing. I use the widest lens, a 2.5mm, for the extreme downhill mountain biking. The motion in those videos is really pushing the limits for the average viewer.
      The H2O cam’s lens quality is really good and lets the 480 line Sony chip put out a great image. The Adventure Cam III is a 520 line chip and the quality is really fantastic with all the different lenses.

Participant

Appreciate you taking the time to clarify some of these issues for me. So, lets see if I’m understanding this correctly. The lower the mm rating of the lens the wider the angle; just like an analog lens. The higher the lines of resolution in the chip 520 vs. 480 the greater the picture quality. Correct?

Inactive

That’s right. For high speed/rapid movement, the wider the better.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap