looking for software for son… please help!

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Editing looking for software for son… please help!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hi. I’ll readily admit right up front I don’t know a thing about any of this…. that’s why I need your help! My 16 y/o son would like to get together with some other friends and make a movie. He has written the script, has a digital camcorder, and a windows-based PC. We want to get him software for Christmas but don’t know where to begin. Do you need other computer accessories? What software do you all recommend? He is very bright, but very impatient! We want something that would offer plenty of features but not be so professional that it’s difficult to learn to use it. I know he wants to be able to title the scenes and also have a section for deleted scenes, other than that, I’m not sure. We don’t want to spend a ton of money… preferrably under $300 total. Can anyone offer suggestions for software and/or other “have to haves”? Thanks SO much!

Participant

I would suggest Adobe Premiere. It is easy to learn. Since he is a student, you should be able to get it for a good price. Check out adobe.com for more information on this. Since you have a digital camcorder, all you need is a Firewire or USB cable (depending on which connector your camcorder has). But, if you are planning to make a DVD, you will need additional hardware and software.

Participant

Thanks for the information. I’m looking at the Adobe site now. Are you talking about Adobe Premiere Pro or Adobe Premiere Elements?

Inactive

At this stage, Elements is probably better. And cheaper.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap