You're using a beta version of our new web site.

Looking for program that will light up points on the map

Home Forums Specialty Topics Special Effects Looking for program that will light up points on the map

This topic contains 1 reply, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  SafeHarbor 7 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author

contrain
    Participant

<span style=”color: #000000; font-family: Verdana; font-size: small;” color=”#000000″ face=”Verdana” size=”2″>I would like to know if there is a program, or how to create the effect of having a light blink at various points on a US map representing cities. So as I do a voice over mentioning different cities in the US, a light on a map will blink where that city is located. Then I want to create a beam of light effect connecting each city to the others. </span>

SafeHarbor
    Participant

You can either learn your software in-depth to create this yourself, or take the easier route and buy a software program to automate, see this video for example –http://www.streamingmedia.com/Producer/Articles/Editorial/Featured-Articles/Tutorial-proDAD-Heroglyph-V4-PRO-83643.aspx

Jeff

lomaymi

Contrain the effect your looking is not hard to do, but before I want to askwhat software do you currently have? After knowing this Videomakers community may be able to help you better.

paulears
    Participant

If I was doing it, I’d probably NOT use after effects, but just produce the effect in photoshop and then bring the files into premiere.

contrain
    Participant

I’m currently using Adobe CS 5 so I have After Effects and Photo Shop. I am just learning the programs but have a little more familiarity with AE than Photo Shop.

paulears
    Participant

If you make up a blinking light (static) clip, then you could simply overlay this in premiere when you edit, and then using keyframes, just track the light along the road. I suspect if the idea is to have a static map and moving flashing light, this would be the simplest.

Harlin
    Participant

with premiere you could always do a simple title with a yellow dot, line it up with the map showing under the titler and then just name your titles as the cities. Hope I explained. keyframe for lightup or cut and paste for blinking.

Harry

contrain
    Participant

I’ll try each of your ideas, I think one of them should work.

Thank you,

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.