Looking for program that will light up points on the map

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Specialty Topics Special Effects Looking for program that will light up points on the map

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      contrain
      Participant

<span style=”color: #000000; font-family: Verdana; font-size: small;” color=”#000000″ face=”Verdana” size=”2″>I would like to know if there is a program, or how to create the effect of having a light blink at various points on a US map representing cities. So as I do a voice over mentioning different cities in the US, a light on a map will blink where that city is located. Then I want to create a beam of light effect connecting each city to the others. </span>

SafeHarbor
      Participant

You can either learn your software in-depth to create this yourself, or take the easier route and buy a software program to automate, see this video for example –http://www.streamingmedia.com/Producer/Articles/Editorial/Featured-Articles/Tutorial-proDAD-Heroglyph-V4-PRO-83643.aspx

Jeff

Luis Maymi Lopez
      Participant

Contrain the effect your looking is not hard to do, but before I want to askwhat software do you currently have? After knowing this Videomakers community may be able to help you better.

paulears
      Participant

If I was doing it, I’d probably NOT use after effects, but just produce the effect in photoshop and then bring the files into premiere.

contrain
      Participant

I’m currently using Adobe CS 5 so I have After Effects and Photo Shop. I am just learning the programs but have a little more familiarity with AE than Photo Shop.

paulears
      Participant

If you make up a blinking light (static) clip, then you could simply overlay this in premiere when you edit, and then using keyframes, just track the light along the road. I suspect if the idea is to have a static map and moving flashing light, this would be the simplest.

Harlin
      Participant

with premiere you could always do a simple title with a yellow dot, line it up with the map showing under the titler and then just name your titles as the cities. Hope I explained. keyframe for lightup or cut and paste for blinking.

Harry

contrain
      Participant

I’ll try each of your ideas, I think one of them should work.

Thank you,

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Special Effects’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

How to buy a camera — 2021

While we have more options and more technology than ever before; buying a new camera has never been more difficult. It’s not just that there are dozens of cameras to choose from, it’s that each one offers something different,...
homicide-bootstrap

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.