Looking for new camcorder, intermediate, use with FCE

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Cameras and Camcorders Other Camcorders Looking for new camcorder, intermediate, use with FCE

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Participant

I am looking for a new camcorder and would appreciate people’s short recommended lists, according to these requirements:

1. Video must be editable in FCE (Final Cut Express)
      2. Video must be editable on my iMac 2.46 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
      3. Cost less than $750
      4. Jacks; Ext. mike input, Firewire input, headphone jack
      5. AV input so I can input from old 8mm camcorders

I loved my now-broken Canon Optura 20 and would like something in that
      range, but capable of 16:9 output to fit today’s screens. However, it
      doesn’t have to shoot super HD or anything; most of my videos are
      posted to MobileMe these days. The Canon’s quality was fine for what I
      need to shoot, which is mainly family videos. I like DV tapes for
      storage but would consider SD cards or other removable media.

Thanks in advance for your ideas, lists!

Participant

Unfortunately, you are demanding quite a bit out of a goodcamcorder for you budget, and it comes hard as a research for one that suits your needs. I thought of including your specs listed above and performing a Google search, but frankly, I just don’t know how to say it.

The best I could find was the CanonHV20 (MiniDV cam). I’m not entirely sure if it has Firewire input – one of the most highly overlooked features (from both review articles and camera manufacturers). It doesn’t have A/V input either. And for all of this, I’d certainlyrecommend purchasing a secondcamcorder (such as a cheap JVC Everio – most of them have A/V Input). If you can bare the fact of a used camcorder, I would certainly go for it. Thereare currently several HV30sselling on eBay in the $400 – $600 price range. An Everio is defintely a lot cheaper. You may also need to do a little research to make sure it has A/V input.

http://photography.shop.ebay.com/Camcorders-/11724/i.html?_nkw=Canon+HV20&_catref=1&_fln=1&_trksid=p3286.c0.m282

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Camera on a hand held stabilizer

Best camera stabilizers for video — 2020

A camera stabilizer lets you capture smooth shots without sacrificing freedom of movement. Here’s a look at the best handheld stabilizers available today.
homicide-bootstrap