Looking for new camcorder, intermediate, use with FCE

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Cameras and Camcorders Other Camcorders Looking for new camcorder, intermediate, use with FCE

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Participant

I am looking for a new camcorder and would appreciate people’s short recommended lists, according to these requirements:

1. Video must be editable in FCE (Final Cut Express)
      2. Video must be editable on my iMac 2.46 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
      3. Cost less than $750
      4. Jacks; Ext. mike input, Firewire input, headphone jack
      5. AV input so I can input from old 8mm camcorders

I loved my now-broken Canon Optura 20 and would like something in that
      range, but capable of 16:9 output to fit today’s screens. However, it
      doesn’t have to shoot super HD or anything; most of my videos are
      posted to MobileMe these days. The Canon’s quality was fine for what I
      need to shoot, which is mainly family videos. I like DV tapes for
      storage but would consider SD cards or other removable media.

Thanks in advance for your ideas, lists!

Participant

Unfortunately, you are demanding quite a bit out of a goodcamcorder for you budget, and it comes hard as a research for one that suits your needs. I thought of including your specs listed above and performing a Google search, but frankly, I just don’t know how to say it.

The best I could find was the CanonHV20 (MiniDV cam). I’m not entirely sure if it has Firewire input – one of the most highly overlooked features (from both review articles and camera manufacturers). It doesn’t have A/V input either. And for all of this, I’d certainlyrecommend purchasing a secondcamcorder (such as a cheap JVC Everio – most of them have A/V Input). If you can bare the fact of a used camcorder, I would certainly go for it. Thereare currently several HV30sselling on eBay in the $400 – $600 price range. An Everio is defintely a lot cheaper. You may also need to do a little research to make sure it has A/V input.

http://photography.shop.ebay.com/Camcorders-/11724/i.html?_nkw=Canon+HV20&_catref=1&_fln=1&_trksid=p3286.c0.m282

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Stock media: How to find and use the best stock photos, videos, music and more

Acquiring stock media and editing it into your project is very often faster, cheaper and much more convenient than creating that media yourself.
homicide-bootstrap