Looking for Lighting Kit for Video & Photos

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      magnetman
      Participant

Can anyone make some recommendations on reasonably priced lighting kits that I can use for photography as well as video. My photos are all product shots. Videos are product demonstrations and short training pieces. I will not be traveling with the equipment and I do not need backdrop gear. I will be experimenting with some green screen video and plan on using paper backdrop.

I’ve done some research and many reviews of the really cheap sets like on Amazon complain of top heaviness, flimsy stands and poor quality plastic parts that break when you tighten thumb screws.

Budget is $500 or less

Thanks

Edit: Should I be looking for flourescent lighting? I also see halogen kits

CraftersOfLight
      Participant

Search out topics in this forum for lighting and production techniques.

a good topic that covered a lot of this on the cheapis here.

http://www.videomaker.com/community/forums/topic/ghetto-lighting#post-54711

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Video and Film Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

The best audio and video recorders — 2021

In this article, we’ll cover the best external recorders for both video and audio recording. Then, we’ll go over the specs we considered when making our selections so that you can choose the best recorder for your specific situation. The...
homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN