Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews › Forums › General › Video and Film Discussion › Looking for dual proc boards
- January 7, 2006 at 3:49 AM #39035
I’ve been trying to find a mobo that will let me run 2 Pentium 3 gHz 630 chips (775). I can’t seem to find anything other than Xeon boards. Are Xeons the only Intel proc supported by workstation boards?
- January 7, 2006 at 4:37 AM #169357
How does this look for a single chip board?
I can get the Pentium 630 chip for $175 at my local Micro Center. It’s not dual, but at least it’s hyperthreading.
- January 8, 2006 at 2:52 AM #169358
Well, I’m going to follow the advice given over at the Max PC board. I’ll start out with a dual proc board and just one processor. Then I can add another later when my budget permits. Sounds like a plan to me. Later guys.
- January 8, 2006 at 7:52 AM #169359EndeavorParticipant
- January 13, 2006 at 10:52 AM #169360
I’ve decided to go with the Tiger i7525 (S2672). I’ll run Xeons in it. I’ll probably just go with 3 gHz chips. I think that should be adequate.
I have a question about memory. I think XP can only see little more than 2 gb, right? So how have servers in the past been running more? Does Win2k allow for more?
- January 13, 2006 at 10:58 AM #169361
Ooops! The specs.
The only thing is that it has 1.5 for SATA. 😕
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.