Looking for dual proc boards

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I’ve been trying to find a mobo that will let me run 2 Pentium 3 gHz 630 chips (775). I can’t seem to find anything other than Xeon boards. Are Xeons the only Intel proc supported by workstation boards?

Participant

How does this look for a single chip board?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7429776&type=product&productCategoryId=cat01071&id=1122655625324

I can get the Pentium 630 chip for $175 at my local Micro Center. It’s not dual, but at least it’s hyperthreading.

Participant

Well, I’m going to follow the advice given over at the Max PC board. I’ll start out with a dual proc board and just one processor. Then I can add another later when my budget permits. Sounds like a plan to me. Later guys.

Participant

um…ok

Participant

I’ve decided to go with the Tiger i7525 (S2672). I’ll run Xeons in it. I’ll probably just go with 3 gHz chips. I think that should be adequate.

I have a question about memory. I think XP can only see little more than 2 gb, right? So how have servers in the past been running more? Does Win2k allow for more?

Participant

Ooops! The specs.

http://www.tyan.com/products/html/tigeri7525_spec.html

The only thing is that it has 1.5 for SATA. 😕

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best lights for video production — 2021

Lighting needs run the gamut, from huge budget productions to small, DIY vloggers, and there’s something for every niche. This article will explain what to think about before buying lights and provide a list of the best video lights currently on the market.
homicide-bootstrap