Looking for Capture Device Recommendations

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

A friend of mine is looking for a high-quality video capture device. He’d prefer it to be an internal PCI card, but is willing to go external. He wants to spend no more than $400.

I haven’t checked the market lately so I’m not up on what’s out there. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks.

faqvideo
      Participant

Check for Canopus cards.

FAQ Video

Anonymous
      Inactive

Here is a site that shows the good and the bad of the Canopus cards so that you can make a better informed decision. I personally like them and use them quite a bit. There is a fairly good support center too if you have any problems. http://www.bestpricecomputers.ltd.uk/ent/canopus_video_editing_cards.htm

Anonymous
      Inactive

Actually, I have a Canopus TwinPact 100, which I’m quite happy with. I actually recommended this to my friend, but you can’t find a new one for under $400.

Thanks for the link, I’ll be sure to check it out.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Miscellaneous Techniques’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

Best products of 2021

Best products of 2021

With so many great products this year, we've taken the time to review the best of the best. These are our picks for the best products of 2021.
homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN