Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews › Forums › Technique › Miscellaneous Techniques › Looking for Capture Device Recommendations
- This topic has 3 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 12 years, 1 month ago by Anonymous.
- March 1, 2008 at 10:58 PM #37208AnonymousInactive
A friend of mine is looking for a high-quality video capture device. He’d prefer it to be an internal PCI card, but is willing to go external. He wants to spend no more than $400.
I haven’t checked the market lately so I’m not up on what’s out there. Any suggestions would be welcome.
- March 2, 2008 at 3:43 AM #164868
- March 2, 2008 at 3:53 AM #164869AnonymousInactive
Here is a site that shows the good and the bad of the Canopus cards so that you can make a better informed decision. I personally like them and use them quite a bit. There is a fairly good support center too if you have any problems. http://www.bestpricecomputers.ltd.uk/ent/canopus_video_editing_cards.htm
- March 2, 2008 at 3:58 AM #164870AnonymousInactive
Actually, I have a Canopus TwinPact 100, which I’m quite happy with. I actually recommended this to my friend, but you can’t find a new one for under $400.
Thanks for the link, I’ll be sure to check it out.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.