Looking for a new Pro/Prosumer camcorder

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

What do you guys recommend for a newer prosumer/pro hd camcorder. I take alot of footage of racecars at alot of the local tracks, and normally the footage is taken in the afternoon throught the night. im thinking i’m going to make the step up to a bigger better camera. I would just like some recomendations.

For the price range of 1100-1900$ what cameras do you all recommend?

Thanks

Inactive

for that price I would say you are best suited for a used sony FX7 or comparable. great low-light for the night stuff plus they have a good use for fast moving stuffs. More info on what kinds of things you are looking at would help for advice though.

Hope this helps

Participant

In that price range, you really wont even be able to get much into the prosumer category, let alone professional.

If you are interested in racing video, I’d suggest you contact a guy named Bill Channell – now retired but a really nice and knowledgable guy who is VERY good at racing video (http://www.racevideo.com).

Participant

Surprisingly, I haven’t found a good prosumer/pro HD camcorder within your budget. Are you filming commercially for an organization? If not, you could probably get by with a high-end consumer HD camera.

JVC’s Everio hard disk GZ-HD40US($1,300)comes to mind. Very nice camcorder – the only thing I see unprofessional is the “consumer”design and the fact that it lacks A/V Input.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best 360 cameras available — 2021

360-degree video is a brand new medium driven by new 360 camera technology. However, its immersive qualities create unique technological challenges.
homicide-bootstrap