Local Origination Commercial Leased Access Television

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums General Video and Film Discussion Local Origination Commercial Leased Access Television

• This topic has 8 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 10 years ago by AvatarAnonymous.
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

New to this forum. Would like to knowFCC 2010 Regulations that companies are fighting. Has the FCC imposed new regulations regarding commercial leased access television. Probed FCC page, but some information cut off; not obtainable. Thanks for your information.

Here’s a GREAT place to start, found right here on Videomaker.

Participant

FCC.gov‘s the place. BTW, the only thing I’ve heard FCC speaking of is the 693-805 MHz ban (if I remember correctly)for wireless transmission. Practically all UHF systems I’ve come across occupy (wide frequency response or not) only support signals in that range. I’m still set on the VHF systems and will continue until I find at least one good, inexpensive, reliable UHF system above or below the range.

Has nothing to do with wireless microphone frequencies XTR, original post inquires about Leased Access, and indicated found no joy after visiting FCC page.

Participant

No. FCC has not imposed new regulations but their lack of concern over administering existing law and seeing that cable companies abide by the wishes of Congress has resulted in cable operators now making it more difficult than ever to have the ‘genuine outlet’ Congress intended.

New rules were adopted Nov. 2007 but the cable industry succeeded in having the court ‘stay’ the rules and FCC has not taken any action to pursue opposing NCTA in court. As a result, the stay and a couple of outlandish orders so strongly in favor of cable to smell bad on behalf of FCC’s Media Bureau has some cable sites denying LAPers (leased access operators) the use of IPTV technology to deliver signals. In fact FCC won’t even answer basic questions regarding how cable is setting unwarranted conditions and terms on users and simply says ‘file a complaint’.

It’s amazing Congress has not realized FCC is basically looking the other way while cable operators ignore the law.

Participant

Check FCC to find some possibly missing articles was actually the point, though I may have led the subject totally off-topic. Oh… and as for the original question we were debating upon, if this comes as an issue for you, I’d contact FCC with their phone or e-mail. I’d also take a look at this post, which is the first Videomaker post I found that is probably most relevant to your topic:

http://videomaker.com/community/forums/topic/gotta-love-leased-access-if-you-can-get-it

XTR,

Wow, I can’t believe that post is nearly a year old! Props for digging that thing out of the archives. Far as I know nothing has changed on this front and it looks like yet another ‘great government idea’ that nobody actually sat down and said ‘how’s this crap really going to work?’

This might be relevant:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100406/ap_on_hi_te/us_tec_internet_rules

Pseudo,

Nice article. This looks more like the post “The Gate Keepers are Coming”. Looks like the FCC lost that phase, but the one on the ‘Nipple Gate’ is still pending. However, Comcast was only complaining because they saw the potential of Bit Torrent stomping their corporate profits with free file sharing like the music industry did with Napster. However, I firmly believe that just like the record co’s Comcast will find this a ‘Pyhrric Victory’ in that by ‘winning’ they will ultimately wish they hadn’t. Too bad though that once more something pretty important all came down to the standard DemocRepubliCorprate session of trying to prove whose is ‘bigger’.

• Viewing 8 reply threads

Best Products

Professional Fixed-Lens Camcorder Buyer’s Guide

Best camcorders for any video shooter — 2020

Professional camcorders are often smaller, lighter, cheaper, and have more controls than other cameras. These are the best on the market today.
    homicide-bootstrap