Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews › Forums › Technique › Editing › Loaded videos are blurry / and bezier masks have outlines.
- This topic has 2 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 10 years, 9 months ago by Anonymous.
- July 4, 2009 at 7:40 PM #46914AnonymousInactive
Whenever I load a video (that looks nice and sharp in any player) into Sony Vegas Pro 8.0c, it is blurry in the Preview window, in “Preview in Player” and in rendered video, even using the Lagarith codec.
I can add “Sharpen” to the EventFX, but if I do that then my bezier masks tend to have lines around them.
I can find no option anywhere that I can turn on/off to fix this. It does it on two machines running XP Pro/Home.
- July 4, 2009 at 7:43 PM #193163
- July 4, 2009 at 9:09 PM #193164XTR-91Participant
It’s also possible that the editing software preview is shrinking or “compressing” your video so that the preview doesn’t slow down while editing. Cyberlink PowerDirector 7 has three preview options: High-res, Normal Preview, and Low-res. What you see in the preview area may not affect the video itself – just the fact that you cannot preview in full quality.
Try exporting the video with Sony Vegas and use a media player (or Movie Maker/iMovie) to see what you’re getting.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.