Live video Editing on PC/Mac

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Is it possible to have 2-3 camera’s fed into a computer and live mix them through a software application?

I’ve been looking for an application to do this for a while, but haven’t found anything so far. Is this possible at all or would it be too taxing on the system.

I was hoping to be able to use a PC over dedicated hardware as i thought it would provide greater flexibilty with formats and future upgrades, but i may have the wrong idea altogether 😛

Any help is appreciated

three_pineapples

Participant

Check out Wirecast:

http://www.varasoftware.com/products/wirecast/

The computer specs are available from their website.

Inactive

yep, looks like the kind of thing i’m after.

Though it struggled to produce even 15 frames a second from video files already on my HDD (My comp is an Athlon 64 3200+, 1GB ram, 6800GT). I doubt it would make 5 fps while capturing footage from 2 camera’s.

Am i going to need something like a Dual Core CPU + 2 – 4GB ram to make anything like this work, or are there more efficient programs out there?

Inactive

I've been looking for an application to do this for a while, but haven't found anything so far. Is this possible at all or would it be too taxing on the system.

I was hoping to be able to use a PC over dedicated hardware as i thought it would provide greater flexibilty with formats and future upgrades, but i may have the wrong idea altogether 😛

Any help is appreciated

Participant

u can try Goe Video MX Std, get it on http://goevideo.com/goevideomxstd.html, it can capture video from five camera, u can overlay the videos, 

I don't know what exactly live mix mean,  u can take a look,

hope this will help you

this good software

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best lights for video production — 2021

Lighting needs run the gamut, from huge budget productions to small, DIY vloggers, and there’s something for every niche. This article will explain what to think about before buying lights and provide a list of the best video lights currently on the market.
homicide-bootstrap