live greenscreen recording and transfer to dvd

Anonymous (not verified)

hi,

I would like to produce videos with chromakey (blue-or greenscreen).

the video should be a virtual citytour.

the background is preproduced, and the people will just sit on a bench infront of the greenscreen.

it should look like the people are sitting in a truck driving through the city.

for my understanding, the video with the citytour should be played in the keyedout background and the truck (car) has to be an overlay ontop of everything so that it looks like the people are sitting in the truck.

what I would need is some hard or software that can archive this.

the real challenge will be, that the video should be burned to vido-dvd direktly after recording in the shortest possible time.

so it would be greate to record it directly as mpeg2 to avoid extra encoding.

I already did some research and found sugestions like the tricaster pro and adobe visual communicator.

before I start to spend a lot of money, I really would like to here some advice on how to archive good results.

the budget would allow me to buy a tricaster pro (about $ 8.000).

thanks for your help!

nico

XTR-91's picture

What kind of equipment are you looking for? Green screens, lighting, camcorder,editing software?

The setup will need to be evenly and fully lit in order to get a good solid color. The software detects colors that are near to matching the specified chroma color - that's the function of the Chroma Key.

XTR-91's picture

Cyberlink PowerDirector (and some other consumer editors) have Chroma Key capability and DVD burning. If you are looking for an NLE, you probably won't have to worry about whether or not it includes Chroma Key. If you want advice on a good camcorder, you'll have to post more details. Just about any video camera will record fine and give you a solid color in a well-lit greenscreen setup.

XTR-91's picture

Here is an article on how to get a greenscreen background to display in real-time while recording. SeriousMagic.com and TigerDirect.com were the ones suggested.

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/non-linear-editing-pc/6217-real-time-green-screen-compositing.html

To get a live DVDrecording from your camcorder, I would recommend getting a real-time "DVD Recorder" that connects to a TV - similar to a VHS recorder, only that it's digital on a DVD.