Live Event broadcast/videostreaming

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

If you could please kindly help me on what does it take to broadcast an event(live community fundraiser) will be held in my home town here in Canada direct to oversease. Also could you please tell me what to look for in terms of renting equipment? we will cover the event but we don’t know how to broadcast live events oversease. It is a fundraiser event and their budget is limited. They wanted to know if is cost effective. What is the option? broadcast or video streaming? cost and other related issues. Your help is appreciated.

Participant

Mosess,

Your e-mail is pretty loaded? I need a little more information. If you want you you can send me a e-mail off-line.

Let me know How much budge you have.

When you say broadcast are you talking about Live streaming on the internet?

Who are you trying to target for your audience overseas?

What kind of fundraiser are you trying to do?

How much experience do you have with Video production?

Renting equipment really depends on what you are trying to do.

Look forward to hearing from you.

moses Wrote:

If you could please kindly help me on what does it take to broadcast an event(live community fundraiser) will be held in my home town here in Canada direct to oversease. Also could you please tell me what to look for in terms of renting equipment? we will cover the event but we don’t know how to broadcast live events oversease. It is a fundraiser event and their budget is limited. They wanted to know if is cost effective. What is the option? broadcast or video streaming? cost and other related issues. Your help is appreciated.

Participant

Hi Freeman.
      Thank you for your reply. I am in the video business for a couple of years now. Mostly I do weddings and festivals (live events) using multi cam. I use NLE with different editing software’s. The event we planned to broadcast was a fundraiser to help disabled children/orphans. To encourage people here (within the community & its friends) as well the people back home in Africa (kind of awareness). The options were live video streaming (internet), which was not an effective option. Small audience. Budget was almost none I should say (couple of hundred dollars). When it comes to broadcasting the event live – I personally don’t have a clue how it works. You can help me on this how it works regardless its cost. I may need the info for the future. I am always ready to learn things to give my clients the best service I could – as well, it is a learning process. Thank you.

Participant

Moses,

It sounds like you are talking about 2 things: 1) Live broadcasting of an event via television and 2) Live broadcasting of an event via the internet. Both from Canada to South Africa.

And your budget is limited. Sounds like under $1000.

Is this correct?

If it is, it’s not realistic to think about doing a live broadcast via television to overseas.

The process to do that would be to purchase a Satellite uplink and the cost is very expensive. This is the same type of service that news stations use when they feed their live event to their station or if they receive news from some station in another state or country.

Having a Satellite uplink is basically renting space on Satellite like ones that feed most of the programming for major networks and other cable channels. Then once you get the uplink the viewer has to downlink it to a station or via satellite television. When you watch satellite television that is a basically a downlink.

You best bet sounds like it would be to do a live streaming event and then archive it for Streaming – Video on demand.

You could even record the event and then send it overseas to be broadcast on public television or some other type of free broadcast outlet.

Let me know if you want to move forward with Live Streaming.

Hopes this info. helps you.

Good success to you.

Participant

Thank you for your feedback. You are one of the best at this forum interms of knowledge or you know what you are talking about. I now have the clear picture regarding these issues. Could you please elaborate more on the sreaming video on demand. I have this upcoming festival (end of july) and if this one is cost effective, I may consider going forward doing it. How much? say for an hour or more events(edited) will cost…roughly? Thank you FREEMAN.

Participant

Moses,

Thanks for your comments. You can purchase a Video on Demand streaming package for Windows Media and Flash streaming for roughly $350 monthly. That prices includes 5 GB of storage for your content. It would give you the ability to have your programs streamed via Video on Demand at the convience of the user or you could even broadcast live events from a location (it takes a little more preparation for this.) Having a package like this would be great because you could also host streaming videos for other folks for a fee or store more of your video content on -line.

You can get that service through Vitalstream. If you need a direct contact and more information about the service shoot me an e-mail offline.

moses Wrote:

Thank you for your feedback. You are one of the best at this forum interms of knowledge or you know what you are talking about. I now have the clear picture regarding these issues. Could you please elaborate more on the sreaming video on demand. I have this upcoming festival (end of july) and if this one is cost effective, I may consider going forward doing it. How much? say for an hour or more events(edited) will cost…roughly? Thank you FREEMAN.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap