liteon sohw 1693S-i need help

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

I’m new to all…….I got a new mdv camera for christmas and I can download to pc through my usb and then it’s on nero or sometimes software that came with v.camera so then I make an exact copy using Record Now and Then I can’t play back the DVD anywhere.. not on my pc or on my home dvd player…I used DVD-r and DVD+r…I am getting so mad help…

Participant

Unfortunately, DVD burning is kind of complicated so I think we would need to know more about exacty what the problem is. So am I right that you have (seemingly) successfully burned a disk but it wont play in a dvd player?

Inactive

Endeavor Wrote:

Unfortunately, DVD burning is kind of complicated so I think we would need to know more about exacty what the problem is. So am I right that you have (seemingly) successfully burned a disk but it wont play in a dvd player?

Yes, that is the problem, could it be that my dvd player only plays dvd’s and not dvd-/+ r and rw . But I should be able to play it back on my pc shouldn’t I? Maybe I don’t have my burner installed correctley. I assume I burned a dvd I haven’t been able to watch any of them..for all I know they could be blank..lol Kim

Inactive

[quote=”kim”]

Endeavor Wrote:

Yes, that is the problem, could it be that my dvd player only plays dvd’s and not dvd-/+ r and rw . But I should be able to play it back on my pc shouldn’t I? Maybe I don’t have my burner installed correctley. I assume I burned a dvd I haven’t been able to watch any of them..for all I know they could be blank..lol Kim[/quote My windows movie maker just said it could not detect a recordable cd drive , is this my problem…

Participant

I think the problem is that the disc isn’t formatted correctly for dvd playback. I would check the software manual and see what it says about burning a disc for dvd player compatibility.

Inactive

Endeavor Wrote:

I think the problem is that the disc isn’t formatted correctly for dvd playback. I would check the software manual and see what it says about burning a disc for dvd player compatibility.

Thank you for your input it is appreciated. I am now thinking of getting a dvd player/recorder. What is your input on those. I wonder how easy it is to transfer from dv camera to recorder…Kim

Participant

My version of Record Now doesn’t have the ability to create a DVD that is playable on a dvd player. (Granted, my version is a year or so old). The only option I have is to create a “data” dvd.

You might need a dvd authoring kind of program that will let you create a playable dvd (where you can choose the menu’s chapters, etc). Sonic has some programs that you might be able to upgrade to that will allow you to create a playable dvd. I have an old copy of MyDVD that I use for now.

Hope this helps.
      Tim P.

Inactive

tpainter Wrote:

My version of Record Now doesn’t have the ability to create a DVD that is playable on a dvd player. (Granted, my version is a year or so old). The only option I have is to create a “data” dvd.

You might need a dvd authoring kind of program that will let you create a playable dvd (where you can choose the menu’s chapters, etc). Sonic has some programs that you might be able to upgrade to that will allow you to create a playable dvd. I have an old copy of MyDVD that I use for now.

Hope this helps.
      Tim P.

I bet mine only made a data dvd also…I never thought of that.I am just learning all of this with dvd burning etc. It can become quite confusing at times. thanks Kim

Participant

Kim,
      You say you down load to the computer using USB (YUK) and then Nero or camera software.
      What version of Nero are you using? and do you have fire wire capability ( a better way to down load your video)?
      Nero 6 and Nero Express allows you to capture video (needs firewire), make chapters and then burn a DVD – all from the one menu
      There’s no need for anything else if you are not editing

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap