Lighting Presentations

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Hi

I am looking for some help how to record a powerpoint presentation. The problem is that usually you have low-light available and then the presentation is the only source of light, making a horrific endproduct because you only see the presentation and not the speaker. I would like to record the presentation form a good position angle and then cut in the slides at relevant points. The recording should also get the interaction of the audience and the speaker. So what parameters do I need to change to make this look better.

Any help would be fantastic!

Thank for your time!!

I always arrange to obtain a copy of the presentation, slides, whatever, then focus on lighting the speaker/presenter as necessary in whatever way I can that does not throw light directly onto the screen. This is, of course, most difficult with presenters who like to roam the room, the stage or walk back and forth across the screen. When that happens I simply shoot for what I can get, opening up my iris or upping the gain to get the presentor.

If they remain at the podium, stand to the side of the screen, and/or use a laser pointer then I can bring on some of my own auxiliary lighting. At the podium I will often use an LED setup ON the podium but you have to be careful with this as it can cause Frankenstein shadows, and I also attempt to set up a light like a hair light above and to the back of the presenter’s head. I will sometimes attempt to set up a soft light source above and to the front of the speaker, when possible.

This all goes out the door if the presenter insists on a dark room with only the projector light, or if he/she is a roamer. I go prepared, and try to have an understanding WAY before the program or event, but I always come early because most of these people have a tendency to forget what they told you before, and do their own thing when showtime arrives.

Inactive

Thanks so much for the help!

ad “opening up my iris or upping the gain to get the presentor.”: I assume you need a “good camera” for changing that during recording. I have only consumer level camera. Is there a setting that covers both. Or can I set up two cameras. One on the part of the room where the presenter is with specific settings and a second one on the presentation area.

Well then I have a lot of videos to cut.

Thanks again

Participant

Hi,

The power point presentation can be captured using Camtasia Studio this avoid hot spot lighting or different intensity on the screen. The problem if the presenter move too much on the stage and use laser pointer many time during presentation. It is a lot of work to create a good presentation.

Good luck

YR

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best 360 cameras available — 2021

360-degree video is a brand new medium driven by new 360 camera technology. However, its immersive qualities create unique technological challenges.
homicide-bootstrap