Lighting Figure

• This topic has 3 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 15 years ago by AvatarAnonymous.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

hey guys. workin on my movie, and wanted to know how you get a certain shot. here is what i’m looking for. for those of you who have seen Shrek 2, you’ll know what i’m talking about. i’m going for a "puss in boots" sceen. basically, my guy can’t be seen. he’s sitting at a table, overhead light that is hanging from the ceiling. he’s sitting in his chair, but, you can’t see what he looks like. you can just see the outline of his face. its the same lighting they use on cort tv when you can’t see the witness’s face. anyway, hope this is described well. let me know how to do all the lighting.

Inactive

Ey up mate,

I am totally new to this game, but think that all you are talking about is a Silloette.

Its easy to creat this, all you do is either have the light source behind your subject and point striahgt at it, or if it is slightly out of shot, simply set your exposure for the light source and lock it then recompose the shot. This should cause the subject to be Silloetted.

Hope this helps, your cam would probably do this on its own if left to its own devices.

Jay

Inactive

^^ yep back light the subject but be careful not to have to hi of a rake because then youll het harsh shadowes and mess with your exposure, i’d also sugest useing a fill light to the side also so soften edges and creat more deapth.

Participant

Thksdad Wrote:

hey guys. workin on my movie, and wanted to know how you get a certain shot. here is what i’m looking for. for those of you who have seen Shrek 2, you’ll know what i’m talking about. i’m going for a "puss in boots" sceen. basically, my guy can’t be seen. he’s sitting at a table, overhead light that is hanging from the ceiling. he’s sitting in his chair, but, you can’t see what he looks like. you can just see the outline of his face. its the same lighting they use on cort tv when you can’t see the witness’s face. anyway, hope this is described well. let me know how to do all the lighting.

Hope is not too late… I am new to the forum and try to read out all of it.. haha.

Well, what I would do is to use the ceiling light, use a Photobulb on it. then place the table not right below the lamp, the lamp should be pointed like on the back of the subject. the spill light of the lamp would be enough to light a bit the table…(use some black warp on the table to avoid bounces and on the inside of the lamp to control it.

Then light the background. and voila! you should have your silouhette!

Gerardo

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best video editing software — 2021

In this article, we’ll go over the criteria you’ll need to consider when choosing the best video editing software for your needs.
homicide-bootstrap