Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews › Forums › General › Video and Film Discussion › Light weight options to backup HD footage while traveling
- This topic has 3 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 10 years, 1 month ago by Anonymous.
- April 19, 2010 at 2:10 AM #47900AnonymousInactive
I’m going to be traveling and shooting approx 3 hours everyday around S.E. Asia for 3 months. I’m deciding between a Canon HFS and HFN 31 right now but want to be able to download and backup footage every couple of days. What would be the most lightweight option to do this? I first thought of the MacBook Air but it doesn’t have a firewire port and only one USB post. Is there a PC option or am I missing something like a go-between that would literally make it possible to download files directly from the camera to a hard drive?
Many thanks in advance for you help.
- April 20, 2010 at 12:15 PM #197088CraftersOfLightParticipant
HAve you looked into devices like this?
- April 20, 2010 at 12:29 PM #197089CraftersOfLightParticipant
Here is a link that give a list of other similar devices. You will want to read their long descriptions to see if they would work in your aplication.
- April 20, 2010 at 2:12 PM #197090composite1Member
Take a look at my latest post on the “Good Answer for Field Flash Storage” there’s another model of flash storage that might be more in line with your needs and pocketbook.
Dude, I notice you recommend a lot of my posts. Thanks man (sniffle.)
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.