Light meter? and extreme background lighting

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

To start off with what light meter would you reccomend?

I shot into a big bright window other day and the picture is very under exposed. How would I set the exposure to compensate for the extreme lighting?
      Thank you

Participant

My problem is it’s the back camera during a wedding. The window(s) are along the entire front of the chuch. My front camera is great. The back camera has great backlighting but under exposed. The sun was very extreme at 5pm lighting.
      Thanks

Participant

First of all I would try to change the camera position and/or the angle, avoiding windows in the frame altogether.

If you can’t change camera postion, switch your iris to manual. Now you have two options: nice windows and silouettes of bride and groom, or burned out background and distinctive faces of the couple. Neither option is perfect, it’s still better to find new position for your camera.

http://www.faqvideo.com

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best Products of the Year — 2019

2019 has seen fantastic new equipment for video production, but with a world of options at your disposal, which is the best? We carefully evaluated each new product, emphasizing its innovation, value compared to its direct competition, and its...
homicide-bootstrap