Liability Insurance Question

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      shastabroadcaster
      Participant

Just was informed a few weeks ago that my insurance carrier will no longer supply liability insurance to me at any price. No claims. Ever. While shopping for a new carrier, we keep getting the same answers. That Video Production is considered a very high risk area in terms of lawsuits, particularly if you are doing weddings. (Which we don’t-but that didn’t make the slightest difference) This is the first I’ve ever heard of this, but our agent went through half a dozen companies and we are now uninsured, which means my equipment sits gathering dust while we resolve this. Has anyone else run into this situation? I understand the need for coverage in case someone trips over the mic cord and hurts their pinky, but the example the agent gave was a unhappy bride suing because she didn’t like the video and so her wedding memories are ruined. (Say what?)

Any help here?

Thanks

Bob Belongie

Belongie Entertainment Enterprises.

Cville
      Participant

First I’ve heard of this. I operate out of my house part time and I have a state farm business policy. Price is very reasonable.

Grinner Hester
      Participant

Just give your money to a company into taking it, man. Some like to go under. Let em.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Commercial Video’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

Stock media: How to find and use the best stock photos, videos, music and more

Acquiring stock media and editing it into your project is very often faster, cheaper and much more convenient than creating that media yourself.
homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

CANON EOS

REBEL T7i

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN