Liability Insurance Question

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Just was informed a few weeks ago that my insurance carrier will no longer supply liability insurance to me at any price. No claims. Ever. While shopping for a new carrier, we keep getting the same answers. That Video Production is considered a very high risk area in terms of lawsuits, particularly if you are doing weddings. (Which we don’t-but that didn’t make the slightest difference) This is the first I’ve ever heard of this, but our agent went through half a dozen companies and we are now uninsured, which means my equipment sits gathering dust while we resolve this. Has anyone else run into this situation? I understand the need for coverage in case someone trips over the mic cord and hurts their pinky, but the example the agent gave was a unhappy bride suing because she didn’t like the video and so her wedding memories are ruined. (Say what?)

Any help here?

Thanks

Bob Belongie

Belongie Entertainment Enterprises.

Participant

First I’ve heard of this. I operate out of my house part time and I have a state farm business policy. Price is very reasonable.

Participant

Just give your money to a company into taking it, man. Some like to go under. Let em.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Camera Support Buyer's Guide

The best advanced camera support for video — 2021

While the camera will always be at the core of your production setup, using the best camera support is vital in getting smooth cinematic shots.
homicide-bootstrap