Lenses

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Ok guys, I’m sure we’ve all seen it in videos. It makes your shot look like your looking through a hole, I’m pretty sure it’s some type of converter i just don’t know what it is, I’ll see if i can find a link to a video that has a shot like that in it.

Ok here..

http://derder.com/video_mix_nicky.php

it’s the second shot, the shot after the one where he’s talking with the news paper.

What kind of a filter is it?

Thanks!!!

Participant

I believe that’s simply a fisheye lens

Inactive

do you put that on a camera as an external lense?

Could one of these fit on lets say……a canon Elura 100???

Participant

I don’t think so. That’s a consumer camera and those don’t have filter adaptions that I know of. Plus, the lens can’t be removed as far as I know. If the manual says "this is how you remove the lens so you can put in the fisheye or wide angle lens," then booya. Manuals will have a section on lenses and lens specs and filter specs. This Canon, has no filter specs. With a camera like this it might be best to work wtih composition of an image more than anything at this point. Three important things to know. Composition, contrast, and depth of field. You can make a shot look great without using a fisheye lens which, just my opinion, can look tacky. Out of curiosity what were you going to use the lens for?

If you’re a serious hobbiest and like Canon’s products check out the Canon XL series. Then you can really practice those things, use filters and different lenses, and have great video quality.

I hope I was some help.

Inactive

Believe me if i could I’d get an XL I would the only problem is that I’m 14. I have done lots of reaserch on cameras that I even have a possibility on buying. unfortunately i don’t have rich parents either lol.
      Anyway I do lots of extreme sports like paintball, snowboarding among some others. what might you suggest i look at as far as cameras go? I’m really looking at the canon Elura 100, but i heard that canon came out with a new ZR line. The only problem is that I’m REALLY and I mean REALLY pressed for cash, highest I can go is like 450.

Thanks for all your help!!!

Participant

If you’re a fan of the ZR series go for it. But have you ever used one or haha heard one? I had a ZR consumer camera a while ago I forget what model, but it had a fan or something next to the mic on the camera. So, if it were quiet while I was recording there would be a very obvious vibrating noise that drove me nuts. I don’t know if they’ve corrected this. Check out some panasonics first. They’re pretty much going to take over the market and surpass Sony here in a while is the word on the street. If nothing sparks your interest move to Sony or JVC products.

Inactive

what do you think i should look for in a good camera for the type of filming i do? all i know is i want good picture quality for my money, that’s my main concern, what other thing should i look at

Participant

you should maybe be able to get a decent picture on a consumer cam for 450. Certain bells and whistles are basically your preferance. Ya know like, nightshot, and how much zoom you want etc. Something that I would recommend though, is manual controls. Manual exposure, and manual focus functions. Practice on those cause you’ll need them down the road if you’re interested in video production. Those cameras usually have little effects on them like: sepia, negative, b&w, emboss etc. They’re there but, don’t use them, wait till you edit to add effects.

Inactive

Seriously Thank You SO much for all your help!

Participant

no prob

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap